_

Pages

Saturday, 2 January 2010

Taking notes


My first post of 2010, and yes, I know I've missed posting on the first day of the year. I used most of yesterday relaxing and thinking about what I wanted to write, before I started tapping on the keyboard. A mere 500 words might not seem a lot to some of you, but I'm happy with my output for the first day of 2010.

Later, after I've had some sleep, I intend to get started again. Although, due to a heavy list of "real life" commitments I'll have to write freehand into a note book. Mainly because note books are portable and I'm on the move a lot in the next twenty four hours. It's the best I can do to fit writing around my life, and will be interesting to see if I'm able to produce much between tasks.

Talking of note books, I also keep a small one with me to jot down anything interesting I overhear, or anything I might see that sparks an idea. Sometimes I jot a single word down, if it takes my fancy. I have a section at the back of the book where I list possible titles for chapters in my novel, or for a new short story.

Carrying a small note book is a good habit, because you never know when an idea will pop into your head, and sometimes just as quickly disappear again if you don't jot it down immediately. My memory isn't as good as it used to be, perhaps its age or maybe everyday stress. Whatever. Carrying a note book works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!