_

Pages

Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Ten Random Things About Me


I've been tagged by the lovely Erica and Christy, and have to reveal ten random things about myself. Here we go then folks.



1. I’ve seen ‘The Lake House’ so many times I’ve lost count. There’s just something about that film that stays with me.


2. My first car was a navy blue, 1966, Mk 1 Ford Cortina, it cost me £60. Yes, really!




3.While waiting to begin training in the Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps, I met a   boy, and that was the end of that.



4. I love books more than cake. (I think!)





5. I’m a fully qualified massage therapist, although this is not what I do nowadays for a job.




6. I didn’t learn to swim until I was an adult.






7. I try to make people smile every day. 



8. Did I mention I love cake?





9. When I was fifteen, I got a Saturday job at the local Wimpy bar, earning 75p an hour!




10. I don’t have a dog, but if I did it would be an Irish Red Setter, or a Labrador.


    Now it’s your turn, you've been tagged! 

You’re it Rosalind @ http://rosalindadam.blogspot.com/

If you've already been tagged ladies, apologies, I can hardly expect you to do it again.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you for the tag :-) Your first car was smooth. Mine was a rust box. I didn't learn to swim until I was an adult either and I love dogs too. I'm not going to say any more or I won't have enough ideas left for my response blog. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing my head off at the cost of things back then! 75p an hour? I also loved The Lake house :)

    ROLF on my word verication: sperm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Labs are so cute:). I have two canine kiddies, both boxer mixs.

    I still can't believe you only paid 60GBP for your first car. How long did it last?

    Thanks for the tag. Megan tagged me as well, but I haven't done it yet. Promise to post on Fri.

    So glad I got to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list of stuff. I'm not giving anything away here - you'll have to read my post too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cakes and books! We have so much in common :) Just stopping by from the campaign...

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute pic of a tag! wish we'd had it! i'll have to save it for future tags! you did a fantastic job. what a cute puppy and yummy cake! i think i'll take my books and eat cake, too! christy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ros - Looking forward to reading your list of random things.

    Claire - The year was 1977.

    Isis - The car was cheap because I worked in a garage, and one of the mechanics brought it for me. It didn't last very long. Someone offered me £130 for it a week after I brought it, so I kept it three weeks then took the cash and traded up!

    Beth - Be sure to let me have that link, I'm looking forward to reading it. :-)

    Coleen - Thanks for dropping by, and yes I love both cake and books.
    When I win the lottery, I'll buy a tea shop with a book shop next door, and knock a hole through the wall...

    erica and christy - Thank you for tagging me, and making me think about all these memories and happy things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you... Please give me a few days to put my together.... Working on my novel at the moment.

    Wow what a film... I shall have to get a copy though I think I have seen it before.

    My word Verification: comin
    after yours Claire I think someone is playing about ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for tagging me - I think! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!