_

Pages

Sunday, 20 November 2011

My Poor Neglected Blog

Friends, I've not deserted you. I'm heavily investing my time in NaNoWriMo as discussed in the previous post. Its been tough. However, I've created a character who is leading me through the story and making things happen. I'm purely recording them on her behalf, and while she tries to make  some sense of what is going on around her I'm taking notes for later.

Most of the time, I'm bone tired. I did the challenge last year, so I knew what to expect. I'll admit, I don't find it easy, I know some of you do, and I envy you! Anyway, I'm still cooking for the family, running the house, although its a bit wobbly, here and there. I'm shopping, and going to work each day.

Throw in several appointments at the dentist, hospital and my daughters school for parents evening, and it doesn't leave a whole lot of time for writing. Surprisingly though, I've managed to still get to yoga, go out for a few social events during the evenings, and at the weekend I've had 'me' time at the pool, and still found time to write the 1667 words a day required. Well, maybe I didn't manage the word count on two of those days, but I have caught them up again now.

What I'm trying to say is, I've had all the stuff going on in real life, yet fingers crossed I'm here on day 20, with 35,000 words written. Which means I have 15,000 to go. I'm over the other side of the hill. The hill that seemed like a mountain back on day one.

I even had time to take this picture on the lovely long walk I went on yesterday.

6 comments:

  1. Well done on keeping on top of everything. You've done a lot better than I have. Enjoy coming down the other side of that hill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the writing effort - well done for getting so far. I am in awe and envious at your dedication
    Wordsmith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Write_me_happy - Thank you, photography is another passion.

    Beth - I'm still rooting for you, keep going, you can still achieve a great word count.

    Wordsmith - Thank you. I am slightly mad. Well, quite a lot crazy actually. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria
    I've awarded you the Liebster Blog Award. Pop along to my blog and pick it up!!
    Love Ange xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're still doing well with NaNo, though I don't know how you fit in. Only a few more words to go now.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!