_

Pages

Wednesday, 2 November 2011

NaNoWriMo

This blog has been a bit quiet of late, truth is I've been busy doing other stuff. Real life has been difficult, with family birthdays, tough days at work, and the dreaded sciatica a few of you will know I suffer from on and off.

So what news do I have? I'll keep it simple. After a meet up with two writing buddies at the weekend, I've decided to do NaNoWriMo again this year. I don't have a plan, I wish I did, I was a panster last year, and it looks like it'll be no different this time. There was no time to get a plan together.

Yesterday was the first day, of the madness, the flurry of activity that is scary, exciting, and maddening all at the same time. I got off to a good start and managed to write more than my daily target of 1667 words. At the end of the month I'll have a 50,000 word manuscript, all being well.

All I need to do is sit down at the keyboard. Yea right...

P.S. That's me and Nicola above, and she's doing her first NaNoWriMo this year.

5 comments:

  1. I'm doing Nano for the first time this year, and it looks like I'll also be mostly pansting even though I'm a plotting. Either way it's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with NaNo. I don't have the time to do it this year, but I needed an outline last year to help me reach that 50,000 word target :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks on your best wishes, and best of luck to those of you that are taking part. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!