_

Pages

Saturday, 31 December 2011

Last Word

As 2011 draws to an end, I've decided to keep this post brief. A few days ago, if I'd of written when I originally intended to, then yes, I would have penned much more, but time is getting on and we'll soon be ringing in a new year, so let me tell you what I've learnt.

I have lots of lovely friends out there, people who are ready to offer advice when needed, folk who have the same interests, and hopes and dreams. This last year, I have felt part of a much bigger community.
And I feel I must give a lot of the credit to twitter, the social networking service.
I have made many friends, who have laughed with me, cried with me, and generally made life very interesting and sometimes quite comic. I have done word sprints with people all over the world, during the month of NaNoWriMo, exchanged views and even met up with twitter pals for tea and cake! Something I want to repeat, again and again next year.

From a casual conversation only a few days ago, I have, in partnership with Rosalind Adams set up a twitter list for UK writers using the hash tag #UKwriters. You can read about it on her blog here. We can share news on what's happening, inform each other about writing competitions, events and conferences, as well as any book signings or anything else that a writer might be interested in reading. The response has been truly overwhelming.

Its early days. The idea is to get the hash tag working for us all, so we can spread news quickly to each other. We should never underestimate the power of twitter. It will be interesting to see how it develops.

I leave 2011 feeling happy, looking forward to 2012.




2 comments:

  1. Oooh, sounds like a very good idea. Wish I was able to get to grips with twitter. Sigh.

    All the very best for 2012.

    Suzanne XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am yet to learn about 'twitter'. Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!