_

Pages

Thursday, 1 December 2011

NaNoWriMo All Done


I am delighted to announce, I've completed NaNoWriMo, Yay! I made it across the finish line a day early.  It's been a marathon of words, there have been many highs and lows along the way. Congratulations to all the other wrimos out there who are most likely lying down, taking a well deserved break now.

Some of you will know its my second attempt at the challenge, I won last year, although it was a very different experience to this year. Things have been very intense, and finally I think, I can say I've switched off my internal editor, as well as learning to write through particularly difficult times.

I've had a few days when I've been bone tired, and rather than fall asleep over the keyboard, I've caved in, packed the laptop away, and gone to bed. Catching up wasn't nearly as bad as I expected either, as I overwrote quite a bit in the early days. Hindsight, is a wonderful thing, so I knew what to expect this year..

I tracked my progress, and kept statistics on words per day, per hour, and even had a column for mood. Which is really important. To keep my energy levels high, I tried to keep a healthy selection of snacks to hand, such as apples, satsumas and popcorn! Drinks were either tea, or cider. 

Interestingly, I did all my words at home this time, where as last time I moved about quite a lot. It wasn't easy, but in the main, I enjoyed writing this novel very much, and now the skeleton is written down. There is a lot to do on it without a doubt, but I have something I can work on, and develop.

It won't be done this month. December will be spent catching up with real life stuff - I have neglected!

10 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congrats on your Nano success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Maria, great,great achievement. I thought you was going to put.'I couldn't have done it without the cider'. Look forward to seeing your final edited draft. Once again, congratulations you're a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Maria. It's no mean feat and you're on a roll now. 2 years in a row. Well done! Good luck with the editing/rewrites

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is one amazing achievement.

    Rest and recover - and smile, smile, smile!!

    Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for finishing NaNo! You can take a well-deserved break now :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on completing NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What you write makes the exercise a two year commitment, which makes sense (learn from past struggles and take your time) You are a great natural writer and you are growing through the various things that you are trying. Lots of stars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria,

    Congratulations to you! You're brave for taking it on...and it's fantastic you succeeded! Wishing you all the best luck for the continued development of your novel. Who knows? Maybe I'll be clamoring to snag it off the store shelves one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You everyone for your comments. I'm in recovery! Chilling out, but itching to get back on the project.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!