I've finished 'Before I Go to Sleep' by SJ Watson, and I really enjoyed it - I didn't guess the ending. I kept thinking I would, but didn't manage it. Its definitely worth a read.
Draft 2 - Slow! Still in the reading it through stage, and hating it! Did I write that drivel? Although I have been told its normal to feel this way about ones WIP at this stage. It doesn't make me feel any better. This meant I never got to polish five pages or write a synopsis.
Novel Booster Writing Workshop - Really enjoyed the day away, met lots of lovely new writers and picked up lots of tips from the tutor.
Second Yoga Class - Hopeless! Can't find one that fits in with my hectic schedule. Think I'll have to try Pilate's instead.
Tea and Cake - Lovely chocolate cake and proper leaf tea in a pot at a farm tearoom in Leicestershire. Very lovely, and felt like a proper treat. I watched the world go by slowly, and took advantage of doing nothing for an hour.
Now this week. I am very tired. My back is aching as well, so I need the goals to be attainable. Here we go.
- Prepare a 100 word piece of flash fiction for my writers' group meeting on Saturday morning
- Read Write a Great Synopsis by Nicola Morgan I've downloaded it onto my Kindle, and I'm really looking forward to picking up lots of good advice on the ghastly, but necessary task of writing a synopsis.
- Try to write something every other day. I have made a date with myself at different times over the next seven days so I can pull this in. I will report back soon.
- Prepare a piece of writing to take into the Saturday group for critique
- Find a new recipe, did I mention I like to cook?
- More tea and cake.