_

Pages

Saturday, 21 January 2012

Happy Saturday - Black Eyed Peas - One Tribe



From now on, every week, on a Saturday, I'll be posting a song or a piece of music that appeals to me.
Why? Because music is uplifting, it makes us feel good. It can evoke a memory or a feeling, and scientists say it causes the brain to release a chemical called dopamine, which is a feel good chemical.

This song, One Tribe, by the Black Eyed Peas makes me feel really happy, I have it stored on my Ipod under 'Good Music for Walking' I play it loud when I'm striding out in the fresh air.

Happy Saturday

4 comments:

  1. Reminds me of when I was much younger, commuting to school and listening to the tape - no disc then - the best of the Beach Boys :0)They were such a cheerful bunch that it helped me to face the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole - I hope you still play them now and again to remind you of those days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I must be very strange in that music from my past makes me sad. I put on a Bee Gees CD the other day and suddenly found myself blubbing at an old song. Hence I am always tuned in to Radio 4 - no music! Very strange as I am a very happy bubbly person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie - I sometimes feel the same way. I think anything from the past can be very emotive.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!