_

Pages

Monday, 16 April 2012

N is for Nourish


We're all capable of making changes in our lives, and lately, I've been thinking seriously of what I'd like to concentrate on for the next three months to move forward. Getting to where I want to be will require regular action on my part, and I've already worked out I'll have to break things down into small steps, and spend time, EVERY DAY taking action.
My list.

* Write something everyday

* Walk regularly

* Get more sleep

* Catch up with tasks around the home

In general life is good, but deep down I know I can achieve so much more, if I can become more effective in the areas I've listed. First, I need to know what outcomes I'd like to achieve, so over the next few days, I'll be coming up with a list. Then I'll make a plan.

One thing I do know, is that for any of this to work, you have to surround yourself with people and things that nourish your soul. Small pleasures, I call them. Like enjoying a cup of tea first thing in the morning, reading a good book, spending quality time with the special people in my life, cooking a new recipe, listening to music, enjoying a massage, going to yoga or getting out and about with my camera. All these things add immense value to my life, and help make everything I do worthwhile.

What are you doing to nourish your soul? And what plans have you got for the next three months?










10 comments:

  1. Wonderful post and I completely agree. Just fresh smelling sheets on the bed, a smile from my son, or warm out of the oven cookies can nourish me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list of things for nourishing your soul - a cup of tea in the morning (and throughout the day in fact) is always helpful to me! And exercise, and reading, and tickling my kids to make them laugh!

    I have similar goals as you - would like to get in the habit of writing everyday.

    I'm a visiting A-Z blogger and new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine - Oh I missed the fresh sheets! And you make cookies, I'm coming over!

    Margo - Welcome, looks like we enjoy the same small pleasures. Looking forward to catching up with you.

    16 April 2012 07:45

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny that I was thinking about this yesterday. I've started things in the past, but I want to be serious about them.
    I'm going to try the list, maybe post it somewhere I'll look daily.
    I've been enjoying your posts but this is my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that it's probably the small things that mean so much. I am a cafe addict, and you will find me in a cafe somewhere nearly every day. I also get great satisfaction from having a good clean through, especially cleaning windows (I know I'm weird here). At the moment I read every day, knit a bit and write every week, but not every day. So that's really what I want to do more of. Where did the A-Z Challenge start Maria?

    ReplyDelete
  6. two of those on your to-do-list could be considered the same...

    Nice post, making it happen...

    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    A to Z Co-Host
    My New Book:
    Retro-Zombie: Art and Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those are great 3 goals! Mine is pretty similar. ;)


    Elizabeth
    A to Z co-host

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right about the importance of the small pleasures - one of mine is taking Indy for walks and of course spending time with loved ones :-)
    I've given up trying to write every day, but I do set myself goals every week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything you say is so true we should make the time to do all those things and we would fel the better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bethie - Thank you! Why not write them on your blog after the A to Z challenge is over, that is what I do...

    Maggie - Over in the USA I believe, you can read about it here.

    http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

    Retro - Zombie - Everything merges in the end, don't you find?

    Elizabeth - We think alike then!

    Teresa - I recently picked up a great tip form a writing workshop led by a novelist. He said even if you only do fifteen minutes a day, it adds up.

    Cassam - Yes, time is difficult to make though...love your new profile picture.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!