_

Pages

Thursday, 26 April 2012

W is for Weekends

Picture of Bakewell by Maria Smith
Weekends are most definitely for enjoying, and did you know they boost your mood too! If you're in full time employment then they are truly precious, two days away from your day job, yes, you may have lots of chores, but try and get them out of the way, because it's your chance to get away, and do something you enjoy.

Regular readers of the blog will know I pack as much fun as I can into my break from the working week. I've learnt the hard way, that as with everything in life, planning is absolute key if you want to make the most of every minute. So plan!

We're almost into May, and I've decided my priorities for the coming month, will include getting out and about as much as I can, in and around my local area. I'm lucky enough to live within easy driving distance of beautiful Derbyshire. I've visited before but there are many new places I'm yet to discover.

I enjoy getting out with my camera, snapping pictures of the wonderful landscape, magnificent houses, beautiful flowers, and anything else that appeals.

I'll be going back to some of my favourite places. Including Calke Abbey and Kedleston Hall as well as visiting more of the Peake District where  there is lots more to explore over the coming months.

Picture of Calke Abbey by Maria Smith
This weekend, I'll be visiting my Writers group, and getting out into the countryside come hail or shine, I'm looking forward to doing some walking, and of course there will be tea, and cake, and good company!

What plans are you making for the weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Maria. I grew up a few miles from Derby, so am familiar with all the places you mention. I love Bakewell, all the lovely walks along the Dales, and Chatsworth.

    Unfortunately it is my weekend to work, so I won't be going anywhere this weekend!

    Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend plans sound fabulous, Maria :) I intend to spend my weekend working on my WIP, which entailed crouching in the corner of a dark room, but you've inspired me to take a notepad out on a walk, if the weather is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work until 10pm on a Friday and from 8am on Sundays, meaning my weekends usually involve some kind of child-centred shopping which doesn't leave much time for fun. That's what the school holidays are for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVE writers conferences. Have fun!


    Elizabeth
    A to Z co-host

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanne - How lucky you were to grow up in such a lovely area. Maybe next weekend you'll get some 'me' time then.

    Catherine - I'm using my phone as a notebook when out on walks now. Really useful.

    Annalisa- Roll on the school holidays then!

    Elizabeth - Went to one the other weekend, it was indeed a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!