_

Pages

Sunday, 13 May 2012

Goal List - Week Commencing 13th May 2012

The past week has been difficult, I don't seem to have had a lot of energy, and I've been feeling guilty about not getting very much done. Then I looked at my list - what I'd said I'd do, and what I actually did get done, and I don't feel half as bad.

Blog - Two posts done.

100 Words - I wrote my contribution to the on-going story, The Phobia, here on the Phoenix Writers blog, my own effort is here Its a bit of fun, and interesting to see how all the writers involved are taking it forward. Very organic!

Novel - No progress this week.

Reading - Not really, swamped with 'real life' work.

Balance - I tried. I managed two walks, one brisk after work one, which blew away the cobwebs of a stressful day. The other a more leisurely stroll taking time to look at my surroundings. I took some pictures, and it felt good to be outside in the sunshine! Yes, the sun shone brightly. I think all the rain we are having is getting everyone down - hopefully its on the way out.

Sleep was a priority, and I did get a few earlier nights, I changed my routine around a bit, and believe if I hadn't of had such a horrendous work week I might have fared better. As it was, I achieved a few more hours - its a step in the right direction.

Extra Stuff - I think its important to add, I also met up with a fellow writer, and together, in very limited time, over a lunch-time drink, we roughed out a plan for our part in running a workshop this coming Saturday. I finalised it, and wrote it up last night, and felt a sense of achievement bringing it together.

This coming week, I'll be scaling it back. I've decided to give myself a break. This is me trying to keep the list simple then.

Novel - Just do it!

Reading - Anything.

Workshop - On Saturday, I'm jointly presenting/running a session which is part of a whole day of writing. Looking forward to a lot of laughs, and having fun!

Cake - There is little to beat tea and cake. It shall be done.

Sleep - Continue to keep my sleep diary, and find ways to relax, and rest, and even sleep! So that I feel more energised.

That is the plan. So, how did you do? What have you in mind for the next week? Is there one thing you want to focus on? Let me know in the comments box, its good to make the journey together.










6 comments:

  1. Yes, it's good to make the journey together, and well done realising that despite thoughts to the contrary you did do a great deal. I have spend so many hours providing meals for friends, those who need cheering up, and now hopefully I shall have time to work on my novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's entirely appropriate for us to take breaks, either from the writing, the job, the community, whatever. Sometimes we just have to unplug in order to, um, recharge. Okay technically that doesn't quite make sense, but it does work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to have goals, even if you don't follow through with all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Michael. Goals give us direction, but we have to be flexible because life sometimes interferes and can either slow us down or change our direction all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Balance is so important. I think we tend to forget to consider it when we're setting goals. I'm glad to see you're not making that mistake.

    ~ Rhonda Parrish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you just need some down time... :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!