_

Pages

Monday, 21 May 2012

Goal List - Week Commencing 20th May 2012

This last week - it's been crazy busy! In a good way. I had lots to occupy me writing wise, and I feel I got loads of things done.

My sciatica has been pretty grim for no good reason , slowing me down for a couple of days.

Here's how things went...

Novel - I managed to get a long difficult scene written.

Reading - Very much enjoyed flipping through my creative writing books, and catching up with Writing Magazine.

Workshop - Fun! You can read all about it here

Cake - I've overdosed on tea and cake, it began with a home baked scone with cream, and jam, then a delicious slice of Victoria sandwich, followed by moist Carrot cake, and ended with a Hazelnut tart on Friday. It was all very D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S. My jeans feel very tight! Never mind.

Sleep - I had good and bad nights. My sciatica flared up midweek, giving me a couple of very sleepless nights and much pain. Fortunately, I'd booked a shiatsu session on Friday afternoon which has calmed it down a lot. Lastly, I revisited ways to relax, including yoga class, reading, listening to music and generally learning how to slow down. The latter part of the week was certainly better.

All in all, the last week went to plan. I achieved my goals, and ended the week on a high.

Moving forward, these are the things I'd like to achieve over the next seven days.

Novel - Goes without saying I will be pushing forward.

200 Word Challenge - Another writing task has been set by the Chair at Phoenix Writers - Will require some thinking outside the box. We've been given a colour, mine is purple, the task is to write a piece which involves a big event, and I must use the emotion that my colour conjures up in my mind. This is going to be fun!

Yoga - I do a class every week as it is, but I want to spend some time on the poses at home. It helps with the sciatica.

Walk - I must, I must, I must. It helps strengthen my back, and I always feel better after some fresh air.

Blog - I intend to review the blog - I'll be deciding what I want to do for the next six months.

Photography - Hopefully, there will be one or two opportunities.

What did you get done last week? And what's on your list for the one ahead?

7 comments:

  1. Great work! I managed to push ahead with my newest project and I did a lot of critique work for my writer's group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your goals, Maria! A 6 month review of you blog? I'm so impressed: I can only cope with a week-to-week posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine - I love critique work! Although, its often knowing where to stop, as sometimes you can get totally carried away in the edits!

    Catherine - Heck, I have a loose plan, I don't want to get bored, more importantly, I don't want you guys getting bored! I shall do a few tweaks to freshen it up. Also think about content.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You go girl. Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, well done indeed! Very inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Biddy,
    I find it helps to write down what I do...it makes it more definite for me. Thank you for stopping by the blog.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!