_

Pages

Sunday, 6 May 2012

Goal List - Week Commencing 6th May 2012

Thank goodness I've seen the back of the last week! Gruelling at work, combined with a lack of quality sleep, I found it tough going, although managed to work my way through most of my list.

A to Z Challenge - Completed! A real roller coaster ride, which I really enjoyed.

Blog - As well as the final challenge post, I wrote one for Phoenix Writers Group as well as one other yesterday, on the simple pleasures in life.

Rest and Recover - Yes, I tried. Bit of a battle but there were some nice restful moments. Tea and cake yesterday, as well as catching up with friends over a bottle of wine mid-week.

100 Words Flash Fiction - The brief was 'a place visited, and the impression left' a good one for any writers groups looking for a fun exercise. Great fun listening to them at the group yesterday, and lots of variation.

I've also had a look around the internet in the last week for writing competitions, as I'd like to start subbing stuff again. I feel I did a million other things too, but last week is now history, so lets move on.

The week ahead. All change!

Blog - There will be blogging, undecided on topic, still working it out in my head. Also may do the A to Z Reflections post.

100 Words - A new challenge my writing group has come up with for us. We are jointly writing a short story, and will be posting our efforts here


Novel - Onwards! Got to move faster, intend to motivate myself to that end.


Reading - Latest issues of both Writing Magazine, and Writers' Forum to read.


Balance - Equal amounts of relaxation and writing are required to make me more productive, I know this, so I intend to get out walking, and breathe in some fresh air, along with at least two early nights!

Now to work out how I'll fit it all in...have a good week yourselves, and do let me know what you're going to do? Remember, anything is achievable!






8 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your plans, I'm speaker at the W.I this week, have dinners to provide for two groups of guests, some have special food needs, and I'm trying to edit my latest book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice A to Z reflection post. Blogging is fun and work at the same time. It's a good time to think about what you want to do with it all for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have a goals list! :) Mines for this week is to do some Freewriting in the library, to finish the first draft of my WIP and to get Friday's blog post polished. I'm flirting with the idea of entering a short story competition, but that's at the bottom of my priority list at the moment. Good luck with your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carole - You are a busy lady! Good luck with all the meals and your talk.

    Michael - I agree, I have ideas, but not going to reveal yet.

    Catherine - Excellent! We're in it together now then. I look forward to hearing how you get on...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maria - Well I’ve had three refusals in a row, one on the 30th, 2/5 & 4/5 - so despite my efforts sending my stories out to competitions it doesn’t ever seem to pay off, and with no feed back I find it an impractical way to evaluate my progress. I’ve sent four short stories to ‘Alfie Dogs’ a new internet site for publication and trust these will receive a positive response, but waiting is always tough. And Ether books have published a new short story for me: Taking a Gamble to read this you’ll need an iPhone, Ipad etc
    Kay
    @1_Lovelife
    http://www.1lovelife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really think I need to do something like this post. You seem so organised whereas I'm just a jumbled mess!

    Good luck on the new submissions front. I look forward to hearing how they go. As for poor quality sleep, I hope that straightens itself out this week, it's a real killer of motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daily lists reads something like this: clean bedrooms, wash car, weed the borders, and only then can I get down to some writing or reading, but even so, I manage to some every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kay - Sounds like you are doing lots to get your work out there.

    Rebecca - Another killer week has not done me any good, I'm only half way through my list. Why not join in?

    Maggie - I have the same sort of things too...I sympathise. You are a determined lady though...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!