_

Pages

Saturday, 5 May 2012

Happy Saturday - Simple Things - Paolo Nutini


I love this song from Paolo Nutini, its so upbeat, and conveys a fabulous message. Very much how I feel about life.

'It's the simple things that mean the most to me.'


Its the on-going small gestures which can mean so much, simple pleasures on a regular basis can lift the spirits, and make life more joyful and satisfying.

Here's a few little things that make me smile, and gladden my heart.

Soaking in a hot jacuzzi tub - I love relaxing in the warm water.

Being creative - Writing down words, creating characters, breathing life into them, and accompanying them on a journey.

Reading - Spending time with a good book.

Holding hands - There's something very special , intimate and meaningful about touch. That feeling when someone takes your hand in theirs.

Cake - Delicious and yummy, what more do I need to say.

Music - Listening to music will lift your mood, make you more optimistic, joyful, and relaxed.

Kindness - Performing a small random act of kindness will make you feel uplifted and give you good vibes about the world around you.

What small pleasures make you happy?



7 comments:

  1. At my age the world narrows, but one of my pleasures is buying more and more books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dropped my iPhone in a jacuzzi last week. It was a $700 mistake. Bleh. I still like hot tubs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everyone of those things. I'd have to add sitting by the sea/a river too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some good things there Maria....also like Annalisa's sitting by the sea.
    I would add gardening.

    ...seeing something so pretty...or so tasty growing that I've planted. Especially peas - there is nothing like the taste of hoem grown peas straight from the pod!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carole - I bet there are many small pleasures really :-) Reading is fabulous escapism.

    Michael - Oh no! Not good, I just got an IPhone, I love it...will keep it away from water, they are VERY expensive here in the UK.

    Annalisa - Yes, good one!

    Thinking of the days - It's years since I tasted a pea freshly picked from the pod, but you never forget that fresh yummy taste on the tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great list of small pleasures, Maria and I agree. Can't remember the last time music failed to lift and cheer me. Or when a good piece of cake couldn't do the same. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to link music to stuff I do, including when I'm writing, and walking...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!