_

Pages

Thursday, 10 May 2012

Reflecting on April

The A to Z challenge is over, and first let me say I'm relieved!
Don't get me wrong, it was a great experience, a roller coaster ride, and a great discipline. I really enjoyed the writing, it was fun. I believe I managed to reply to all of the interesting comments left on the blog.


What I didn't enjoy, was the feeling of failure I had for not getting around and visiting all of the blogs taking part. In truth, there were just too many. Hopefully, this might be altered next year by  grouping the blogs by interest, or something similar.

I'm still visiting A to Z Challenge blogs, and will continue to do so for a good while yet. Of those I did get around during April, I found interesting content and lots of variety in the posts. There are some awesome blogger's out there.

I had a few problems along the way, and lots of late nights, but in the main I managed to get every one of my posts up on the blog on time.

The advice I'd give to anyone thinking of taking part next year, is that its definitely worth planning what you are going to write about well in advance, says she, the original 'fly by the seat of your pants' girl!
I'd even go as far to say, write a couple in advance and schedule them. Real life has its ups and downs, and if you're having a crazy day, or need a break, a couple of posts done in advance could just save the day.

Would I do it again? Probably. Never say never.

I've made new friends, gained followers and generally had a fabulous month blogging! A big thank you  goes out to the organisers, and everyone behind the scenes for working tirelessly to give us all the opportunity to take part. You are awesome!




8 comments:

  1. Don't be too hard on yourself -- you weren't supposed to visit every blog, just five a day :)

    I'm continuing to work my way through the list too, just 'cause ;)

    ~ Rhonda Parrish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing the challenge! I do agree with your thoughts about it, especially not having the time to visit all the blogs that participated. Just so many good ones out there and not enough hours in the day! I'm with you; writing ahead of time seems to be the major concensus of reflection posts I have written. I admired those that had all their posts written before the challenge began! I'm not sure about partiicpating next year, but it was a wild adventure this year that I did enjoy!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you... I did really well on visiting, until I started traveling like mad at the end of the month. It all seemed to go downhill from there. But all in all, a great experience, and one I look forward to having again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Rhonda. No-one will sack you or give you lines. You're in it for the love of writing. Do what you can and want to do. Some bloggers don't write for weeks and don't beat themselves up about it. You are a very concientious blogger, so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you were very brave to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation on finishing the challenge. During the challenge I didn't visit as many blogs as I would like to but, cross my heart, I'm visiting every single one with the reflection post! I am so glad my journey brought me here.

    Evalina, This and that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the Reflections post. I'm still trying to recover and catch up. Tomorrow on the A to Z Blog I will be offering my suggested solution for the large link list and the request by many for categories. I hope you'll check it out to let us know what you think.

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arlee, good to see you here. Not surprised you're still trying to catch up. I'm looking forward to checking out what you have in mind.

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!