1. Notebooks - Lots of lovely designs, brightly coloured, or plain black moleskines, lined or plain paper. Don't you just adore them too? All the different prints, the thickness and texture of paper? I do. I use my notebook as a place to keep my inspirations organised. Somewhere to jot down ideas. Over heard conversation, or perhaps I'll draw a mind map, or a list! I love it when I go into a stationary store, and they have a new range.
2. The feeling I get when I complete a story - When the plan finally comes together, and its there on the page. All the hard work associated with getting there finally seems worthwhile. Definitely time to relax a little.
3. Chocolate, tea and cake - Not necessarily in that order, but all essential to get this writer through those long hours spent tapping the keys.
4. Long dark winter evenings - Yep! For me they are my most productive months. I didn't know it until I checked back through my diary. I get distracted once we're into lighter evenings. Its much easier to settle down to write with good music playing softly in the background, and a fire crackling away in the wood burner.
5. Other writers - There is nothing quite like interacting with someone who understands the craft. Sharing the same problems, and the same long term goals. Its not only useful, to chit chat about what's happening in the industry, its great just to catch up with news, and generally socialise. I particularly enjoy visiting OTHER writers blog's as often as I can, I try to leave a comment whenever I can too.
What 5 things do you love as a writer?