_

Pages

Saturday, 23 June 2012

Happy Saturday - Neil Diamond - "I Am... I Said" 1971



A while since I've heard this song, yet it has always stuck in my head. It was a Top 5 hit both here in the UK and over in the States, it took Neil Diamond four months to write.

Unlike Sweet Caroline which he is reported to have written within one hour, in his hotel room, after seeing a picture of Caroline Kennedy, daughter of US President, John F Kennedy, on the cover of Life magazine wearing an equestrian riding outfit.

Enjoy your Saturday

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful start to the weekend - thank you for posting this! One of my favourite songs :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I had a job choosing just one of his...

      Delete
  2. Happens with stories too - some are easy to write, some take much more time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I thought about that, it's a while since I was able to sit and write a short story in one sitting. It's brilliant when it happens though...

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!