_

Pages

Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Costa Short Story Award

Image - Maria A Smith
I thought I'd do a quick post to share news of an exciting new award from the Costa book Awards folk.
The Costa Short Story Award is newly launched and will run between 16 July and 7 September 2012, its exciting news as its going to be judged completely independently of the five-catagory system.

There is a first prise of £3,500 and a couple of runners-up prizes, where each will receive £750.
Good news, there is no theme, word count is up to 4,000, and as long as you are over eighteen and follow the rules, you're in with a chance!

All the details are here

What are you waiting for? Take a chance...you never know what might happen.

1 comment:

  1. What a great comp. I'm definitely going to aim for this one. This morning I found the beginning of a short story, so I might see what I can do with that. Thanks for pointing this out!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!