_

Pages

Friday, 27 July 2012

Writing Competitions


Isn't the weather gorgeous? Makes you want to get outside and wallow in it, but first its time I posted a few  competition links that may be of interest...


This one, The Greenhouse Funny Prize for UK, and Irish Writers is interesting if you write for children, and the prize is well worth having - a weekend ticket to the Writers' Workshop Festival of Writing in York. Get your skates on, the deadline for submissions is 5PM on Monday, 30 July.


The Telegraph runs a weekly 'Just Back' Travel Writing Competition with a cash prize of £200 in the currency of your choice. There is also a best article of the year prize, which is £1000. Not bad for 500 words. Go on, have a go - remember, you have to be in it to win it!


Right I'm off to take advantage of the sunshine - enjoy Friday.

2 comments:

  1. You're right, of course, but I never seem to be writing the right thing at the right time for competitions! I suppose I'm just the out-of-sync type...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, you can't use that excuse, because you can build up a folder of writing. Maybe you even have one already? Then pull out a story, or poem or whatever as and when required. That's the theory anyway.

    Truth is, we sometimes need a gentle nudge. Think how good it'll feel to be a winner, or just to say, 'I entered. I need to make more effort. I really admire writers who have systems to get everything done!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!