_

Pages

Friday, 17 August 2012

Writing Competition

Writers' Notebook - Maria A Smith
A quick post this morning, to share details of a writing competition I've found. Do have a look, perhaps you've got just the story to enter, or maybe you'll feel inspired to write something fresh for the theme. Remember, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Why not have a go over the weekend...

Crowborough Arts is running a short story competition on the theme of 'High Days And Holidays' I'm sure that has conjured an image in your mind straight the way. Read all about it here.
***STOP PRESS***

Just got back from work, and discovered details about this poetry competition, which may be of interest to some of you. 

Hastings International Poetry Competition 2012 | Closing Date: 25-Oct-12

Details: For poems up to 50 lines. Prizes: £150, £75, £50 and £25. Judge Josephine Austin. Winners will be published in 'First Time' Magazine, Spring 2013.

Entry Fee: £2.00
Contact Details: Cheques payable to J. Austin
Josephine Austin, "The Snoring Cat", 194 Downs Road, Hastings, East Sussex TN34 2DZ
My week has been hectic, there is much left undone, and somehow I've got to catch up!

Enjoy Friday.

4 comments:

  1. High days and holidays - you are right, it does conjure up an image straight away. Thank you for the link x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I submitted a story for this.As an avid globetrotter I had quite a few stories to share. One can only hope it will be a sucess..... Lena Walton - Writer and Traveller

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!