_

Pages

Sunday, 16 September 2012

Goal List Week Commencing 16th September 2012

Making the Transition  by Maria A Smith

Why did I even bother making a list? Looking back over the last week it has become clear to me that I am veering further and further off track.

The plan I had has gone off course, and I feel jaded. And annoyed with myself.

This time last week I said I'd do a lot of stuff, lets recap...

Writing - I said I was going to carry on with my WIP. I didn't. This has got to me more than anything else.

I did write a new short story, and a couple of blog posts. I do enjoy the blog, especially when I get comments from you dear readers. Thank you.

Reading - Writing Magazine did turn up, and I started to read it.

Cake - I said I needed my fix! I got it...

Walking - I did very little walking, only a couple of very short walks, but I did go to yoga.

Lastly,

I said I'd submit a piece of work. I didn't, because its the new short story I've written, and it needs a final edit.

I'm finding it hard to get back into regular writing. As we move into Autumn I like to prepare. Get ready for the months ahead. For some reason this year its much harder, and I don't know why.

Maybe, because we haven't had a decent summer I feel its not time to move towards dark evenings.

Anyway, I will try and get back on track this week. I hope to do the following...

Writing - Edit the new short story and get it sent off.

Reading - Whatever I fancy.

Cake - Its therapy.

De - Clutter - Its time to continue with this necessary task. There is still a lot of junk to shift to the charity shops.

I'll be busy. How does your week look?




5 comments:

  1. I think you're being very hard on yourself, Maria. I don't make lists anymore because I know I won't complete them. Even if you get one tick, isn't that a success?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ros,

      Having slept on the issue, I think maybe I was a little...just checked, and have decided to feel satisfaction in what I did do. Thank you for reminding me.

      Delete
  2. I too find everyday life gets in the way of my 'mental lists' I know what I would like to achieve each week, sometimes if I manage half of it I'm happy! Have a great and productive week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne, wise words. You have a productive week too.

      Delete
  3. Great idea to put your goal list on your blog! That should keep you honest, Maria. As you know, I love
    goals too, but the problem is drifting away from using them!
    Like your autumn pic. I'm also an autumn lover.
    Marla

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!