_

Pages

Sunday, 2 September 2012

Goal List Week Commencing 2nd September 2012

Maria A Smith

Last week was tough going.

I was pleased to see it out - I didn't achieve all my goals. However, I was well chuffed with what I did do.

Writing I managed the flash fiction for my group meeting, and did have a think about where to be heading for the rest of 2012, although I've not fully decided what I want to do next.

Reading -  I flicked through Writers Forum, but didn't get to start the new book! In Too Deep by Portia Da Costa 

De-cluttering Really pleased to report I've cleared a lot of rubbish out of the way! Amazed with myself, as its been a HUGE bug-bear for a long time.

Lots of household paperwork has been dealt with now, as well as a major re-cycling programme. The bins are full!

The week ahead.

Writing - Very little. I'm taking a break this week.

Reading - Begin the novel, In Too Deep, and catch up on magazines

Walking - Time to get back into some regular exercise, the benefits of walking are ten-fold. Not only does it strengthen your heart and lungs, it also boosts your immune system as well as aiding sleep, improving mood and helping with weight loss.

I always feel so much better when I'm walking for short bursts everyday. So this week I'll be trying to get out as often as I can for at least 30 minutes a day.

What are you up to? Do you fit exercise into your daily life?

12 comments:

  1. I haven't been well pleased with my writing this week either. I'm at a transition in the novel that I haven't quite figured out yet, and it's very slow-going. Once I get through to the other side I should be off and running again. Fingers crossed.

    And yes to walking!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand, it's so frustrating , I regularly want to scream.


      Delete
  2. You make walking sound so attractive! Thankfully I do a lot of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something I have to plan to do, otherwise I never get around to it! My job involves driving, that just makes it worse.

      Delete
  3. i have been planning to start exercising- maybe this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go on Lynn...get out there, just do it! :-)

      Delete
  4. I need to be more regular with my exercise. I do walk every morning on weekdays but weekends I'm terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda, I think you're doing brilliant, 5 days out of 7, is excellent! I'm doing well so far this week...amazingly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a gym instructor, I fit daily exercise into OTHER PEOPLE'S life and feel fitter by osmosis... Occasionally, I have a work out too :-) I walk because I can't drive. Luckily my town is small enough to walk around without resorting to public transport, so it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you, I would walk more in the week but my job involves a lot of driving, however at the weekends I try and walk as much as possible. Keeping fit is a bit like writing - You have to make the time. Don't you think?



      Delete
    2. Absolutely! But once you've got the habit, it's much easier to keep it up. It takes about 6 weeks-ish to form a good habit (and about 3 days to form a bad one - we truly are self-destructive people!)

      Delete
    3. I agree! It can be very hard to keep it up...its worth knowing about the six week time frame though...

      I'll put it to the test. Thank you

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!