_

Pages

Saturday, 15 September 2012

Happy Saturday - The Searchers - Sweets For My Sweet (1966)



Hands up who can remember  'The Searchers' then? Formed in 1959, this beat band were around at the same time as the Beatles, Gerry and the Pacemakers, and the Merseybeats. It is said that they took their name from the film The Searchers, a western starring John Wayne.

Here's a bonus track for you, Don't Throw Your Love Away, one of my personal favourites from this group. Released in 1964 it went straight to No.1 in the UK and Ireland single charts.

Enjoy the music - Happy Saturday!




1 comment:

  1. I bit before my time. But I know who they are and 've heard their songs on the radio. Thanks for the trip back in time. And I didn;t even need to fire up my wormhole.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!