_

Pages

Sunday, 14 October 2012

Goal List Week Commencing 14th October 2012

Image Credit

I'm a bit late posting my list because my feet haven't touched the ground much this last week.

Things I liked about the last seven days

I managed to get out and do  my walking. How? I made the time. Mostly immediately after my evening meal, sometimes later. Once again, it proves, if you really want to do something you will!

I did more writing than I expected. I know this, because I have kept a journal over the las seven days. I've entered everything I've done that is related to writing. It has stacked up, everything from editing a short story for a competition, reading other writers manuscripts, writing three blog posts, chatting with other writers about writing relevant topics, everything from e-publishing to running workshops, and more!

Eating out. Lovely Italian food.

New clothes!

Watching my daughter graduate and pick up her certificate from the National Citizen Service. Teenagers deserve more credit than they are given.

Things I didn't like about the last seven days

Not managing to get out and take some pictures with my camera. I was simply too short of daylight hours. When I had time, the weather was against me.

Cake wasn't on the menu very much, and this was a hugely disappointing state of affairs.

Time spent on Twitter. I kept a record, and added it all up, I'm shocked at how all those minutes add up into hours I could of spent them being more productive elsewhere.


And now I want to tell you about the week ahead. 

There will be cake! There will be writing, there will be lots of walking, and there will be fun! I also hope there will be sleep...the tea hasn't been as successful as I hoped, but I don't give up easily.

I'm going to enter The Times Ghost Story Competition  which will test my metal, as its a story in only 50 words! Why not join me?

I'll be judging a flash fiction competition for a writers group.

I have a story ready to send out, so I need to find a suitable place to submit it to, that matches the word count etc

I need to write a new up to date outline of my novel chapters, so I can see where I'm up to, and where I'm going with it.

What are your plans?

6 comments:

  1. Another busy week ahead. I've got a competition entry ready to post out. A short story to try and edit writing wise. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan to me...good luck!

      Delete
  2. What a productive week you had - even if cake was lacking! It's a good idea to make a note of all the writing-related things you've done. I might try that myself. Congratulations to your daughter. And thanks for the competition link, I will have a look now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I have written, edited, and sent my entry off! A tick on the list already...yay! Making a note of stuff has made me realise where the time is going as well...I need to make some adjustments, but i'll give it another week or so to get a bigger picture.

      Delete
  3. The things you liked far outshine the things you didn't like :-) Thanks for the competition link - looks good x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it was a good week, my memory is so awful, i can look back and see what i've been up to when I'm thinking I'm not getting anywhere with things...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!