_

Pages

Sunday, 21 October 2012

Goal List Week Commencing 21st October 2012


The past week has been tiring, lots of unexpected stuff happened, as does in life, and it threw my good intentions out a little.

Things I did

The walking went well until Wednesday, I got out every other day, then I didn't get another opportunity until Saturday, on the whole though I'm happy with my progress.

Writing wise, I wrote and entered a piece of flash fiction to 'The Times Short Story Competition', edited a  story I want to send to The People's Friend magazine, wrote two of the three blog posts I had planned, attended my writers group, and judged a flash fiction competition. I didn't have time or energy to write the novel outline.

I had cake twice! Coffee and Walnut on Wednesday, and Chocolate Truffle cake on Friday. I call that an excellent result!

A complete fail on the sleep front though...

Things I did better over the last seven days

I spent less time on Twitter

I remembered to write what I've done in my writing journal


Things I want to do this week

Continue with my walking, I can't add anymore time, so perhaps I can quicken my pace.

Take some 'Me Time' at least an hour a day, for the next seven days. This is a tall order, but I'm going to try. Walking doesn't count, I see that as keeping fit and well!

On the writing front, I really need to get started on the revised outline. As well as doing some research, and doing my piece for the writers group meeting. Oh, and I'm setting up a 'Subs Club' at the writers group, (specifically for members who want to submit work for publication, or competition) once a month, beginning in November, so I need to do some groundwork for that too!

Sleep. Maybe I can combine this with 'Me' time. You would think all the walking and writing late at night would tire me, wouldn't you?

Things that might get in the way

Procrastination, it creeps up on me and sets in if I don't watch it, so I'll have to keep moving forward with the list, and putting a cross through what I've done. That usually weakens it!

Work! The day job keeps spilling over into my time. Not good, I shall have to be very strict there, and start taking control. Saying 'No' to stuff would be a good start.

What have you been successful at this week? What makes you feel happy that you got it done, and what does the week ahead hold? Do let me know...

5 comments:

  1. Maria,

    Sounds like you've had a good busy week.

    I'm just relieved I overcame my food poisoning and dehydration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Duncan, that sounds horrendous, and dangerous too! Sending best wishes for a very speedy recovery to you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate truffle cake? Ooooh, yes please!

    Sounds like you've had a busy week! I've procrastinated all weekend :( Here's to a productive week for both of us, Maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think we should compare notes at the end of the week. Good luck with your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avoiding procrastination is something I need to work on. Talking of which ... I've tagged you for The Next Big Thing.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!