_

Pages

Tuesday, 23 October 2012

The Next Big Thing

I've been tagged! Who did it? It was both Elizabeth and Patsy and now I have to answer questions about my current work in progress.

1. What is the working title of your book?

Rebekah

2. Where did the idea for the book come from?

Somewhere deep within my sub conscious, and that is all I know because I'm a total panster, and I had no idea when I began where I was going to go. Why? Because my novel was written as part of NaNoWriMo last year, and I was roped in to take part at very short notice. I think I had just under twenty-four hours before it began.


3. What genre does the book come under?

Supernatural Crime, or Supernatural Crime with elements of Romance. That sounds better. I hate having to choose a genre.

4. What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie of your book?

Difficult one, I'm glad I won't have to think about that...I'll leave it to the Casting Director.


5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.


6. Will your book be self published or represented by an agency?

I hope it will be represented by an agency.

7. What other books would you compare the story to in your genre?

I haven't come across a similar story.

8. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

Thirty days. The novel was written as part of NaNoWriMo last year, and no I won't be taking part this year. There is still much to do on this novel.

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I haven't got a clue, it was in my head, but I had no idea it was there until it was unleashed during NaNoWriMo, and I have no idea how it got in there.

10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?

The story is dark, and set in both Victorian and present day Leicester, hopefully it will appeal to the locals, as well as a worldwide audience.  

And now its my turn to tag someone, this is the difficult part, its hard to choose, and I know you're all so busy scribbling away, and some of you have already been tagged, so I'm not going to pick on any one of you. If you would like to take part, drop me a comment, and if you don't, drop me a comment anyway. No pressure.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting Maria, and that's pretty amazing that you completed the first draft in just 30 days!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Duncan.
      NaNoWriMo is madness in a good way! It really focuses you to write, and there is a huge online support network.

      Delete
  2. Supernatural crime, this sounds new and interesting. I have already done this tag fairly recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it catches on. Tags are fun, and an opportunity to learn more about our fellow writers, and what they are up to...

      Delete
  3. Wow!I am impressed - a first draft in 30 days! I must try nanowrimo... It sounds daunting to me. Although I am shooting for a first draft in 6 weeks at the minute. That's quite bad enough! Good luck with it! I reckon you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it Pat! If you are going to commit to 6 weeks, why not join in the madness? The support is amazing.

      Delete
  4. Great post Maria. Sounds like an interesting project; I like the sound of supernatural crime. However, I agree that deciding on what genre your novel fits into is really difficult.

    [I was going to try NaNoWriMo this year, but am currently completing work on the novel I started in November 2006! However, I will count my words - just to see what I might be able to achieve next time!]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Elizabeth, I enjoyed sharing...I'm going to do much the same as you in November. I'm limited by time, but will put my all into writing each day as much as I can, during the month of November. We should compare progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds fascinating, Maria. I find the issue of genre very tricky - Supernatural Crime sounds good though :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa, genre is very tricky...

      Delete
  7. sounds very interesting--and may fit into several genres--which is good right!!

    ReplyDelete


  8. Hello Lynn, i'm no longer sure if genre is as important, or if its more important. All I know is, as a reader, I'm not bothered which genre a book fits into, as long as the story is a good one.

    However, I suppose it makes marketing difficult if you don't know where to pitch it!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!