_

Pages

Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Writing Competitions

Maria A Smith

A few competitions I'd like to share with you over breakfast. I'm treating myself to a bacon sandwich this morning, washed down with a brew of tea. Yum!

Ink Tears are looking for short stories between 1000 and 3000 words on any theme, so lots of scope, and all the details are here. The closing date is 30 November 2012, giving you plenty of time to get one sorted out.

The Write Place are looking for entries to their short story competition, in support of the participants of an extreme fund raising event, 'Arctic Survival Challenge' in Sweden next year. Monies raised will be given to EllenorLions Hospices and the Children's and Young People's Service (ChYps) who are very much in need of funds.

You do have to write to the theme of 'Survival' and in no more than 1500 words. Again the closing date for this one is also 30 November 2012 allowing plenty of time to write and submit your story. Details here.


Two to think about for all of you writerly ( I just made that word up) types out there on this bright, blustery Tuesday morning. Have a good day.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up for the comps. Although at the minute I could not squeeze an extra tomato pip into my already crowded day! But I'm sure there'll be lots of takers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're a busy lady Pat...good luck with everything.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing them with us, Maria. There a link to a 50 words ghost story comp on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already entered! it was great fun writing it...

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the links I might investigate them over half term if I get chance. The sandwich looks yummy even though I've just eaten my tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite forgot it was half term next week! Time is hurtling past at an alarming rate...

      Delete
  4. another one that looks inviting--i gotta do one of these one day soon--your pic is great and makes me want a blt ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn you ought to go for it! Entering competitions is great fun!


      Delete
  5. Thanks for this info Maria. I keep meaning to enter short story comps and note down ideas, but never get round to it-must do in 2013. I really fancy a bacon sandwich now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start slowly, set your stall out to enter one specific competition...it gives you a sense of purpose, and takes you outside your comfort zone...

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the links. I seem to work better toward a theme. When I have too much choice I can't decide what to write about, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too! I prefer a theme every time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like a nice bacon butty and mug of tea!

    ReplyDelete

  9. I am rather too fond of them, which is why I am out walking a lot! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!