_

Pages

Thursday, 4 October 2012

Writing Competitions - Thought for Thursday

Thursday again. Work has been hectic, I'm not sleeping well, and as usual, I'm behind with everything! Never mind, I'm upbeat and happy, and there is still enough of the week left for me to get on with my 'to do' list.

While I remember, have you got a good personal story to tell? The story of your life could win you a small fortune. A £10,000 advance, and a publishing deal is up for grabs in a writing competition run by Woman & Home Magazine. The closing date is 31 October so get your skates on, and have a go. All the details are here.



Another competition I spotted yesterday made me smile. Take a look here, I'm sure the theme of 'Bingo' will inspire some funny stories.



Right, I'm off to check out the new cookery book I brought yesterday. 'Jamie's 15 Minute Meals', in the hope I can actually make them in 15 minutes! Jamie Oliver has challenged the nation to cook one of the recipes from his new book, send him a video of you or a friend, making it, and if he likes it enough, he'll wine and dine you and a guest at one of his Italian restaurants as a prize. Wow! All the information is here.


Time for a brew now.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maria, good luck with the 15-minute meal! Wouldn't that be great to hang out with Jamie Oliver!
    Diane from England is guest posting on my blog today - hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I can do a cool video though I fancy some of that Italian food, yum!
      Will nip over to your blog later today.

      Delete
  2. Those are great competitions! I was tempted by the W&H competition, but no time to prepare anything and besides, not ready to spill my life beans just yet ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh go on, i bet you have a few interesting real life tales to tell, and much more interesting than these twenty something celebrities... ;-) x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!