|Cake Glorious Cake - Maria A Smith|
Last week there was cake! As you can see I was spoilt for choice, I can't resist a delicious slice of cake, and I love traditional teatime treats, like Victoria sponge and Coffee cake. I'm a self confessed addict, and I don't care who knows it! Shameless, but going out for cake and tea makes me happy...we all deserve treats from time to time don't we?
There is something very comforting about sitting down to a nice pot of tea, and a sweet treat. Savouring each mouthful as we relax, and forget about what is going on all around. I don't know about you, but I find real life can be quite mad, and really you couldn't make up some of the things that happen!
I'm on the road to recovery, at last, I think I'm making progress, although I've never been quite as tired as this for a long time. I must have been very run down, and coping with everyday stuff has been tricky to say the least. I'm really glad I didn't sign up for NaNoWriMo this year, I just wouldn't have coped with it at all...
Well done to everyone who did, you did it! Its a great feeling, and one not easily explained to those who haven't completed the marathon of words that is NaNoWriMo. My advice is REST! Take time out, leave that manuscript to settle. If only for a few weeks. Do take time out for yourself.
My November plans were somewhat scotched by my health, but I did manage to work well in the early half of the month on my second draft, I've revised many scenes, and now they are broken down into much more manageable chunks I'm happier going forwards. Although my word count has slipped, I'm happy with progress made.
Also, my foray into setting up a 'Subs Club' after my writers group session is up and running. We have had two meetings, the last being yesterday, and members have submitted work to either publications or competitions. Everyone is very positive, and only time will tell how successful the group is with getting their work out there.
So what is next? December has landed. Crept up on me actually. Below is a simple list of things I'd like to do throughout the month.
- Read - I haven't read very much fiction lately, and I have a huge reading pile I need to make a dent in, otherwise I'm not allowing myself to buy any more books! Yes, really. It has gone beyond ridiculous, the pile of 'real' books is insane, and the Kindle is hiding a lot more besides. It can't just be me, can it? Do other writers have the same issues with HUGE stacks of books waiting to be read?
- Exercise - I want to get back to walking.
- Novel - Tidy up more scenes.
- Make a plan - Before the end of this year, I would like a clear plan of what I want to do in 2013
- Rest - I'm off for 8 whole days as of the 25th, until January 2nd 2013, and I want to organise things so that I get plenty of rest! What do you think the chances of that are? I'm determined to try my best to organise things so that I can take a proper break from everyday stuff.
This week will be spent concentrating on recovery. A little walking, some writing of course, and perhaps I'll start to plan a menu or two for the up and coming festivities. What about you, what are you going to do?