_

Pages

Tuesday, 1 January 2013

New Year - Fresh Start!



Happy New Year! Welcome to 2013, I hope you all had fun welcoming the new year, I opened my front door just after midnight, I heard lots of fireworks exploding, and happy laughter out on the streets. Let us hope this year will bring with it good things for all of us.

Instead of posting my usual weekly goal list, I thought I'd use the rest of this week to think about my more long term goals. I'll be breaking them down into more manageable deadlines as the weeks pass, as I find this method easier to stick to, than trying to do everything at once.

Long Term Goals for 2013

Writing
  • Complete the second draft of my novel
  • Try writing articles
  • Submit my work for competition and publication
  • Blog on a regular basis
  • Attend writerly events
  • Learn more about the craft

Walking
  • Make time to walk
  • Get fitter
  • Explore the countryside

Photography
  • Take lots of pictures!

Health
  • Stay well
  • Eat well

Relaxation
  • Read
  • Learn something new
  • Listen to music
  • Treat myself

Over the next few days I'll make some choices on how I can best reach these goals, I have fifty two weeks. In the meantime I need to write some flash fiction for this weeks writers meeting. 

Do you have a plan for 2013?

10 comments:

  1. I love your goals! They're all such simple things but can easily get pushed aside by daily chores and demands. Good luck with them. I'm looking forward to finding out how you get on. One of my goals each year is to walk more - we can compare notes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex,
      I like to keep things simple. Walking is such a good way of getting fit, as well as valuable time out to think...

      Delete
  2. As always Maria, sound, practical and achievable. I guess the cake comes in to the 'Eat Well' Goal.

    My plan is pretty straightforward. Stay well, stay focused, finish the book, get it into print, hit the Flash Fiction market and don't just say I'm going to do something - do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thats a very 'no nonsense' list! Good luck Keith, sounds like this is your year!

      Delete
  3. Great goal list - just challenging enough, and all specific and practical. I need to bring fiction writing back into my life - a perennial thing for me :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the fiction, it'll make your life all the more richer - more escapism!

      Delete
  4. Hi Maria,

    Wishing you all the best for 2013! My plans do not begin and end at the changing of the year. They are constantly being updated and adjusted ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great plan! When my children were young i was constantly updating and changing...nothing wrong with keeping things fresh...

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear you're feeling so positive after all your recent trials and tribulations. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally, yes, I feel very positive about good things happening this year.

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!