_

Pages

Sunday, 20 January 2013

Goal List Week Commencing 20th January 2013


The last week has felt very 'disjointed' for want of a better word. I think the weather has thrown me out of sync, and worn me down. Although I did manage to get some stuff done.

Things I didn't like

The snow

Driving in icy conditions

The writers workshop being cancelled

Disturbed sleep


Things I did like

Costa Latte

Having my feet massaged

De-cluttering my wardrobe


As you can see the list isn't very well balanced.

I said I was going to work on my novel, I haven't got much further in actual words, but I have  plotted a bit more out that needed to be rehashed.

The flash fiction piece took on a life of its own, and is now on its way to a being a much bigger story. Never mind, the meeting was cancelled anyway where I was going to read it out. And so was the writers workshop beforehand.

I've entered a writing competition.

I haven't read much more of the novel I started a few weeks ago, and the weather has been so poor I haven't got out walking either. I did read some articles in Writing Magazine and Writers Forum, so all was not lost on the reading front.

 There was no cake this week, but I did go and have a lovely pedicure.

This week, I'm going away for a few days break, so my list will be brief.

Reading

Relaxing

Learn Something New

What will you be doing?

21 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,

    I'll be busy teaching English classes as usual.
    I pretty much agree with your "Things I Didn't Like" list!
    Duncan In Kuantan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds worthwhile, i'm wondering if you are teaching adults, children or both?

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had some pleasures to help you cope with the less good stuff.

    I plan to write this week. I'm going to start quite soon. Probably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a nice break, that foot massage sounded lovely. I plan to write this week, hopefully I'll pop out to a coffee shop and do some writing their too, one that sells nice cake.:-)

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy your few days break, Maria and return refreshed. I managed to meet my writing goals for the week - no snow here so no distractions or delays. I'm aiming at a repeat performance this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Christine, I love it when a plan comes together...
      Good luck for this week too, and do report how you get on.

      Delete
  4. A foot massage? What a treat.

    I can identify with your don't like list, as I too don't like driving in snowy and ice conditions. I also find the cold is very wearing, unlike the result of my de-clutter which has ended up in my non-wearing (as well you know).

    Will you be treating us to a snowy pic soon?

    Best wishes,
    Debbie W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie, I am just back from a short break, and there will be snowy pictures soon! :-)

      Delete
  5. I probably never meet all my goals each week, but if I can accomplish even one of the primary goals, I feel it was a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spot on Richard, that is the best way to approach things...sometimes, I am over ambitious, but if I give myself a list, then at least some stuff gets done.

      Delete
  6. Hoorah for pedicures and coffee! I so agree that the weather is total pants although I quite like watching the snow from the inside while tucked up with cats and a hot chocolate!

    Well done you with all the progress with your writing! Good luck with the competition and onwards and upwards with your novel! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you Kitty, and thank you, I keep trying, and everyone here keeps tabs on me, which makes me accountable. Its a good thing.

      Delete
  7. Hi Maria, I love snow but driving in it isn't much fun I must agree. I think you've got a lot done - we always achieve more than we think we have, it's just sometimes not the sort of things we planned e.g. plotting instead of writing. So give yourself a pat on the back and have a lovely break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex, I have had a lovely relaxing break over the last three days. I'll be sharing some of it with you all on the blog later...

      Delete
  8. hmmm i don't know what i shall be doing---enjoy your days away dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, sometimes that is the best way, my son calls it 'adventure' and he should know...he always makes me laugh with stories about his week.

      Delete
  9. No cake!! A pedicure sounds good at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas no cake last week. Lovely having my toes painted though...

      Delete
  10. I'll be mostly celebrating a 'milestone' birthday and pretending I'm still 38 :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, be sure you enjoy every moment. Last year I hit a milestone birthday, I decided I was going to celebrate all year long! I promised myself, I would do something just for me at least once a month for the whole year. I did, and it was a blast...so much so, I have continued. :-)

      Life is what you make it - have a wonderful birthday year.

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!