_

Pages

Saturday, 9 February 2013

A Funny Old Week

First Primroses - Maria A Smith

Where I've been...To the charity shop, where I donated several bags and boxes of books, bric - a - brac and clothing. It felt good to be helping others. Re-cycling is good for the soul.

What I've seen...Yellow primroses in the garden looking gorgeous. I divided an individual plant into four at the end of the spring last year, each new plant has produced lovely flowers. Just what we need to see on these dull dark days of winter.

Who I've met...Someone I used to play badminton with twenty years ago, yet it seemed like only yesterday. I had to give up after injuring my wrist quite seriously, and although I'm not missing playing anymore, it brought back memories of how gutted I was to be told my playing days were over. Badminton was the only sport I ever really enjoyed playing.

What I've bought...Popchips - Have you tried them yet? Not fried, nor baked, they are still potatoes which are subjected to heat and pressure until they pop! Seasoning is then added, BUT, nothing artificial, and they are incredibly healthy too. Delicious!

What I've been listening to...Bon Jovi's Crush album, and one or two podcasts. The BBC podcasts are brilliant, and they have a great range of subjects, there is sure to be something you can find to listen to while you're out walking, or doing the ironing!

11 comments:

  1. I've never heard of pop chips. I'll look out for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I discovered them when Ocado sent a free sample with the weekly shopping. I like munching them while I'm writing :-)

      Delete
  2. Pretty flowers. :) And popchips are awesome! And badminton is one of the few sports I'm not a complete failure at...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to play mixed doubles, it kept me on my toes, and kept the weight down. I didn't need popchips back then! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Crush is a great album! And I really must look out for Popchips, just because it's got a great name to be honest :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe there is a new album coming out very soon, I'm looking forward to listening...

      Delete
  4. Lovely primroses! I haven't seen any yet.

    The Popchips sound interesting :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I visited the garden centre last week, they had a gorgeous selection. I am tempted to buy a pot, just so I can put them indoors on the windowsill. ;-)

      Delete
  5. You know I am sooooooooo tempted to try these popchips!! They sort of scream at me from the crisps section when I'm shopping and I sort of try and ignore them but now that they come highly recommended I might just try...! thank you!

    Awwww the primroses are wonderful! I'm so bored with this cold grey wet/frosty/possible snow/sleet later! I want it to be spring already!! :-)

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitty, I was keen to explore all the flavours once I researched online and found them to be free of preservatives, and you don't get greasy or colour stained fingers like you do with some of the better known snacks. Definitely worth trying a packet...original plain is my favourite!

    I am also very much looking forward to Spring too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BBC Radio are in my bad books. They've taken off Homage to Catalonia before I could listen to it and its not on the podcast either. Looks like I'll have to pay for a download. Once the primroses and winter pansies start to kick in properly its all downhill to spring and lighter nights.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!