_

Pages

Sunday, 24 February 2013

Goal List Week Commencing 24th February 2013



Writing Tools - Maria A Smith
It's been a funny old week...

Where I've been - Work. Its been a very long week. I've been trying to catch up.

What I've seen - Pretty Woman the movie, and yes, I've seen it several times before, I even stayed up late to watch it! Such a good story. What can I say, I'm a hopeless romantic.

Who I've met - A lady walking towards me wearing a fabulous 1950's vintage coat, she looked gorgeous in it. So I stopped her, and told her so. Her absolute delight, and beaming smile were priceless on a very cold February morning.

What I've bought  - Organic Pork Sausages, and they were delicious! Over the last year I've slowly been changing my food buying habits. Yes, they were more expensive, but far tastier, and I had full traceability because they were locally sourced.

How did I do with my list?


Writing - I wrote a little more of the new short story I started. A couple of blog posts, but work got the better of me so I decided not to work on my novel, as I want to try and get a long stint on it when I feel fresh. I brainstormed an article idea, I just need to write it now.

Walking - One decent walk.

I also got some reading done, and caught up on household paperwork.

The week ahead.

I am looking forward to meeting up with my Twitter writing buddies for the first time.

Novel - Continue

Reading - Whatever takes my fancy.

What will you be getting up to?

12 comments:

  1. How lovely you gave a compliment to a stranger - small things like that mean a lot! Enjoy your twitter meet-up :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to the meet up, have been chatting with the ladies via twitter for best part of a year. It'll be good to finally meet them in person.

      Delete
  2. I bet you really made her day! (the lady in the coat). I'm going to rework a picture book MS this week - I'll never get any stories out there if I don't finish and polish them, right? :) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, never done a picture book before, fancy it though... You must let me know how you get on. :-)

      Delete
  3. Love your story of the lady in the vintage coat! I never tire of Pretty Woman either. It's the perfect film to watch when you want a bit of tlc. Have a good week and hope you get through your 'to do' list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex, yes, complete impulse stopping her...
      She told me she purchased the coat, in the late 80's, from a charity shop. Her mum had wanted one like it, but couldn't afford it in the 1950's,I should have maybe asked if her mother had worn it before her, but it was a two minute conversation between strangers. It clearly reminded her of her mother though, I could see it in her eyes. I feel a short story coming on...

      Delete
  4. Busy week,enjoy your twitter meet up,Ive never been let down by the people Ive met in real life from twitter they've always been just as lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, Yes, I am going to enjoy meeting up with the ladies. I imagine we will have a lot to talk about over the teapot, and there is going to be cake!

      Delete
  5. Doesn't take more than a few seconds to make someone smile like that- good for you, and maybe there'll be a story too. This week for me its post the blog on Friday afternoon and finish the last chapter of the book by Monday next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good goals Keith...hope your week includes a bit of relaxation too. :-)

      Delete
  6. What I should be doing is writing. What I suspect I'll mainly be doing is procrastinating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My next blog post is talking about just that subject. I'm forever geeing myself along to get my 'to do' list done. Its all good fun...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!