Many thanks to Vic Watson over at elementaryvwatson for nominating me for this award. Vic is in her own words, a bookworm, and a writer, that likes all things arty and cultural.
Here are the rules.
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award's requirements.
Here are 7 things about me.
1. I love history, I always have, it was my favourite subject at school, and as I've got older I'm more interested than ever. Past lives are fascinating don't you think?
2. Although I have a bread maker, I'd really love to learn how to make real bread, I'm probably going to find a workshop and do it! Watch this space.
3. Lipstick is one of those things I never go anywhere without wearing, and I love the ones that you apply once, then add a gloss over the top. They really stay put. Plum is my best colour, but I do like to wear red every now and again.
4. When I was seven, the night before my First Holy Communion, I managed to fall down and smash both my front teeth. My parents were devastated, and I thought it was the end of my world. The next day, I remember having my picture taken, and feeling thoroughly miserable because I couldn't smile ever again. Thank goodness for skilled dentists. After undergoing years of work, my teeth finally looked half decent at sixteen.
5. I really, really hate 'passive parenting' it makes me so cross when I see parents letting little Sammy do dangerous stuff, when they call out a lame threat, 'Don't do that, Mummy doesnt't like it, no Mc Donalds/chocolate/swimming if you don't stop,' the child continues, because of course they know Mummy never follows through on a threat, never ever. Even when everyone around them is getting irritated and fed up!
Clearly they don't realise how pathetic they sound, and what they are setting themselves up for in the future.
Why can't they just be firm, friendly and fair? And yes, don't I know how hard it is to take a child home when they have been looking forward to something, but respect has to be earned, and lessons need to be learnt! Rant over.
6. I like weekends away in our caravan. I never thought I'd say that! Having once been very anti to the whole idea, but after agreeing to try it for a season a few years ago, I got hooked! Its a fabulous way to see the countryside, towns and cities in England and beyond, and can be linked in with hobbies, and pursuits like photography, fishing or even writing. Very soon, I'll be using mine as a stop over when I meet up with writing buddies I've spoken to on Twitter. It'll make my journey easier, and I'll get time to see the lovely area where the meeting takes place.
7. I'm rather partial to those Cadbury's Mini Easter Eggs, I find it very difficult to resist them. Yum!
This is the bit where I'm supposed to nominate some great blogs for this award, however, many of you have already received it already, therefore, I'm listing some of the very inspirational blogs I visit, but if you haven't received the award, and you want to, or your blog isn't listed, then please go ahead and take it, and let me know when you post your 7 things.
Writing: A Conversation Without Interruptions is where you'll find my friend Leah, her blog is full of writerly ramblings, as she juggles the craft of writing with motherhood. What a woman!
A Mission Impossible For The Dark Fantasy Nightwriter Paula is the dark night writer, haunted by the power of the written word.
A Likely Story Nip across and take a look at Teresa's blog, she has been writing ever since she was old enough to hold a pencil, and has published many stories and articles.
Patsy Collins Patsy is a keen gardener, has written lots of stories, and generously shares news of writing competitions with us too.
Roslind Adam is writing In The Rain Ros is a teacher turned writer, she has written books for children and has a passion for history.
The Blood-Red Pencil A group of editors and writers with a common goal, they blog about what they know best - editing.