|Mothering Sunday Breakfast - Maria A Smith|
Happy Mothering Sunday! This is the day when children pay their respects to their Mothers, in more recent years it is also known as Mothers Day, and always celebrated mid way through Lent, here in the UK. Although other nationalities and religions celebrate usually in March, April or May. The tradition has been going on since the 16th century at least.
Did you know that many years ago, young boys and girls in service would be allowed just this one day a year to go and visit their Mother? For some it would be a considerable distance away from their employment. If they were lucky, the housekeeper might have given them eggs, or some flowers from the garden as a gift to give to their Mother.
For me, motherhood is not about the gifts, it is the prize of seeing my children grow up. Becoming a Mum is a humbling experience, many emotions have surfaced as the years pass. its the toughest thing I've ever done, but also the most rewarding.
|Snowdrops & Sunshine - Maria A Smith|
At last the snowdrops have started to appear in abundance between the many variations of weather, I managed to find these beauties. Have you seen any yet?
The last seven days have been as horrible as the previous week work wise. There are lots of changes happening, and its taking a while to get used to the new regime. I'm giving it my best shot.
On the personal front, here is how it went...
- Another chapter re-write - Yes, I managed to get this done, and I'm starting to enjoy the process. I read my work at the Writers group, and my fellow writers have helped me to identify my weaknesses, which is good. I always welcome constructive critique.
- 100 Word Flash Fiction for my writers group meeting - I didn't get this done, preferring to work on my chapter instead.
- Brainstorm ideas for the A to Z Blogging Challenge in April - I've got an idea for all twenty six posts, which I'm really pleased about, although I still have to write the posts!
- Write two blog posts - Only managed one this week.
- Read Writing Magazine - Not done, quite frustrated about this one as I picked it up several times, only to get interruptions.
- Spend time with my friends - I met up with some super ladies from the Leicester branch of the RNA (Romantic Novelists Association) and we had lunch. There was much chatter, and ideas swapped regarding our progress.
- Listen to music - I did rather well on this one, possibly because I've done a lot of miles in the car this last week. There was Mozart, Nina Simone, Ellie Goulding and Emeli Sande to name but a few.
- Go for a walk - I struggled a bit, mainly due to my work commitments, and when I was on my own time the weather was naff! However, I won't let this stop me this week. Come hail or shine, if I can stand up straight, I'll be out there.
|Fog, Sleet, Snow and Rain - What A Week! - Maria A Smith|
Other stuff that happened.
My windscreen went on the car! An unexpected expense I could do without.
Caught up with one of my friends who treated me to a lovely meal as a belated birthday treat
Sciatica has been plaguing me on and off all week, but came back with a vengeance on Saturday morning.
Enjoyed the company of Phoenix Writers
Had tea and cake which make most things better.
This coming week, I want to...
- Read Writing Magazine
- Edit more of my novel
How did you week go? Did you have unexpected happening too? Or perhaps you got it all done, or had some success? Whatever, you're planning do share, I love hearing about your plans.