_

Pages

Sunday, 17 March 2013

Goal List Week Commencing 17th March 2013

Clock Tower Leicester - Maria A Smith


Here is what I planned to do, and what I actually did...


  • Walk - Yes, but it was painful! The sciatica has been a trial, when I thought it had eased, it tricked me, and came back even more vengeful. I've tried resting, as well as keeping moving, hence walking in all weathers. This time, keeping moving isn't working, yet I dare not stop incase I seize up completely!
  • Read Writing Magazine - I made a start, but its been hard to concentrate.
  • Edit more of my novel -  Failed, I had three attempts, each time I simply couldn't apply myself. 
  • Swimming - I went once. The whole week was a struggle on the time front.
  • Sleep - I have slept more in the last week than I have in a month! Wishfully thinking it might cure the sciatica
I limped along to the Phoenix Writers group yesterday, and I penned the 100 word challenge the evening before. The meeting was good, lots of varied prose, and some excellent feedback for writers to take away and consider.


Phoenix Square, Leicester - Maria A Smith

Afterwards, the Subs group met, and we discussed where we had sent our work, and decided that we would all concentrate on the same competition this month for a bit of fun. I need to have a think about that one as the theme is betrayal. Once I have the details, I'll post them up incase anyone else fancies having a go too.

Outside Waterstones Leicester - Maria A Smith


That was last week, not very exciting. Oh, I got the windscreen sorted out in my car, and had my hair cut too, and now I think its much too short.

Looking ahead, I am hopeful the next week will be pain free, and productive.

Writing - Anything! Whatever I can concentrate on is all I'm hoping for this coming week.

Relaxation - Something to take the pain away.

Friends - I need some laughter.

Cottages near Newarke House, Leicester  - Maria A Smith

The images on the blog I snapped whilst hobbling around the city yesterday. Purely my observation of Leicester in the rain. All taken on my iPhone.




16 comments:

  1. sorry it's been a painful week..and rainy, but love the photos taken on your i phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like taking pictures of random stuff. One day I'll look back on it all when technology has moved on and everything we recalled is history, and gone forever.

      Delete
  2. Hmm - I had sciatica last year after an ill advised bit of mucking about at a golf driving range - it really hurts doesn't it? It took a fair few weeks before I got back to normal. Good luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I wasn't doing anything at all...I just got out of bed! Perhaps I should have stayed under the covers. :-)

      Delete
  3. Love the pics! Not a bad place to hobble around. And I hear you on the back pain. I've had it for years. Occasionally it will right itself for a week or two and then it goes out again. I try to walk most days as well, as I do think it keeps things loose. I don't want to get so stiff I can't get out of my chair. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! I can't imagine how folks dealt with the pain years ago before drugs etc and better education on walking and stretching. Probably threw themselves off the nearest cliff!

      Delete
  4. Sorry that you're in pain. Hope it eases soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feeling better this week, treat yourself and take it easy. xx

    Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, tea and cake on Thursday if I can make it to then...thank you.

      Delete
  6. I feel your pain,I have lower back pain and it hurts to bend down. It's difficult to fit in everything and I don't know why.I always feel guilty when I write,thinking I should be cleaning the oven or ironing clothes,as hubby works and I don't.I have toddlers all this week and will be lucky if I even get the beds made.I've some free time until Grandaughter comes today to get some blogs visited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woman you want a medal! House full of toddlers...I recall those days. ;-) Was fun at the time, but with all my aches and pains I don't think I could cope with it now. Have a good rest afterwards. Feet up - cup of tea - slice of cake.

      Delete
  7. You might be interested In a little group called #writemotivation. We cheer each other on over on Twitter, and sometimes we have blog posts to help too. Since I am writing my first draft of my first novel, I need some cheering and they are a great group, too.

    One word = progress
    Zero words = stagnation
    Deleting words = regression
    Don’t regret, progress.

    I have to keep reminding myself this with my first draft of my first novel.

    I'm also taking part in A to Z. This is my first year with the A to Z challenge, even though I've watched it grow over the last 3 years. I'm also taking part in the Reveal on the 21st. I'm trying to share some positivity with my #WriteMotivation friends on Twitter (and to help keep me positive in the process)
    Hope to see you around, on my blog or on Twitter, or both :)

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    http://writebackwards.we3dements.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie, sounds really interesting, I'll keep an eye out for the twitter tag, I did a similar thing during nanowrimo, it was very motivational.

      Will be over your way soon to visit. ;-)

      Delete
  8. Hope the back pain has eased off Maria - so debilitating. Once again, great pics. Wonder if Richard will pass under that arch on his way to the cathedral.

    ReplyDelete
  9. who knows? There seems to be more argument about where he will rest.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!