_

Pages

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

I is for - Interview With A Vampire


Georgiana  

Today, I've let Georgiana, the main character from my Urban Fantasy novel out of my imagination to answer a few questions.

Georgiana has spent centuries searching for her sire Vincent, captured by the Vampire Council back in the late 1800's, they were separated. Newly turned Georgiana escaped, and has been searching for Vincent ever since, in the shadow of Council assassins.


What do you wear around the house?

Mainly jeans and t-shirts nowadays. I need to fit in when I go out and about, although I still love the fashions of the past. Particularly the Victorian age, I suppose it reminds me of when I was human. I love the petticoats and corsets, the frills and lace. Bare shoulders, and beautiful necklines. Women were so much more feminine back then.

Town or country?

I live in the city of Leicester, in a leafy tree lined area, it was laid out in 1785, as a pedestrian way, and has remained the same ever since. Its home...

I used to live in the countryside with my parents and my sister, my father worked for the landowner, he provided a cottage for us to live in, but after my father died, we had to leave and go and live with my uncle. Things changed.

How did you meet Vincent?

I was put into service by my uncle, who had no need for me... Luckily, I was sent to a good family to look after their children, and it was there in the garden one evening we met. He appeared from nowhere, but then that is what our kind do isn't it?

I had no idea he was a vampire, and he never drank from me, we met each evening after the children were in their beds. I was lonely without my sister, and mother. Vincent and I chattered on into the night, and he became my special friend. I chose my own destiny.

Which decade do you remember with the most affection?

Now thats a difficult question - there have been so many - let me think. I definitely enjoyed the sixties, I had matured and could walk around easily in daylight without effect, and I think it was a great time to be alive. Oops! I mean, it was a good time for the human race. 

People were still proud to be British, when you went shopping you used to speak to someone over a counter, children used to play in the streets, the first James Bond movie, 'Dr No' came out on the big screen.

The music was good. One song made me smile in particular, 'A Whiter Shade of Pale' by Procul Harum it was being played everywhere in 1967, have you listened to the lyrics?

Women gained new freedoms, for the first time they were given opportunities to build their careers, the birth control pill became licensed, they became more confident.

Do you collect anything?

I do actually. I collect hair combs, I have an extensive collection, many I have worn myself through the ages. I keep them in a display case at home. Each one has a story behind it...maybe I'll write about them one day.

Have you ever broken the law?

Is this a serious question? You mean apart from ripping out throats and draining people of blood? 
I haven't collected many parking tickets.

What's been your longest friendship? 

Oscar is my closest and dearest friend, a doctor, as well as incredibly talented, naturally he is a vampire, but you would never know it.

He helped me to survive when I thought I never would. He has been there for me. 

What scares you?

 Not much these days if  I am honest. Losing Vincent was the darkest moment of my afterlife. 

Who gave you your first kiss?

Vincent of course...but he didn't give me my last one, you'll have to read the rest of my story to know who that was...

Thank you Georgiana, I appreciate you taking time out to talk, hopefully you have given my readers an incite into what its like to 'walk among us.'

I'll be back tomorrow with the letter J

16 comments:

  1. Maria, I love the interview! Great idea and well done. And the picture is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy...the picture is a creative common from Flicker. It was fun to do the interview.

      Delete
  2. Maria - this is brilliant! Such a great idea on a couple of levels. Obviously, an elegant way to tell us more about your story and main character, but also a really useful writing technique to flesh out (no pun intended) a character's background.

    I may have to borrow this idea to work out proper backstories for some of my characters, if that's ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I'm happy to share...it would also make a good writing exercise for the group don't you think?

      Delete
  3. Brilliant! I look forward to reading it. Is it your finished novel or one you are working on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfinished, a WIP I would dearly love to complete.

      Delete
  4. I like this concept of an interview with a character from your own novel. That's cool.

    Bhavya from the AtoZ Challenge blogging at Just Another Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I may well do this with the other characters in the book too. After A to Z that is!

      Delete
  5. She sounds intriguing, and the photo is beautiful, certainly makes you want to know more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgiana has much to reveal...her story is really about someone who spends all her time looking for something, only to realise its not what she wants, or needs at all...

      Delete
  6. Great interview. I am intrigued too, finished product or WIP? The story sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture- nice find on Flickr! Also, really entertaining interview. Leaves you wanting more!

    Ruby is participating in the A to Z Challenge
    Ruby Wilbur

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost want to go interview the characters from my WIP just to see if I learn anything new about them. Well done. Simply Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. very intriguing :D makes me want to read the novel :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent interview, it makes me want to know more about her and Vincent! Did the interview make you learn much more about your character? I must try this, I just need to find the right questions for mines.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!