|St Pancras International - Maria A Smith|
What I liked about last week...
- Fruit Smoothies - Rediscovering juice! While I was working away from home last week, I changed from drinking several cups of tea, to a large fruit smoothie each day. Fresh fruit, yogurt and pure 100% juice. Delicious! It definitely made a difference to my day, when I was flagging, after standing for hours at an exhibition it was a welcome relief. I felt energised again afterwards. I might even dust off the liquidizer, and start making my own.
- St Pancras International - The most fabulous Victorian railway station I've set foot in, a fantastic place for photography, eating, and shopping! I commuted through twice last week, and happened to stay a while on my return journey. Although, there wasn't much opportunity for photography, I managed to get the shot above.
- 15K in May - The beginning of another writing challenge.
- Book Giveaway - Finally, I took some of my pre-loved paperbacks to my writers group and gave them away. It felt good knowing they were off to new homes. I really want to de-junk this year. I have collected far too many books and magazines.
- Music - Nina Simone, I love you! You are most definitely the high priestess of soul. I purchased The Very Best Of Nina Simone a few weeks ago, a fabulously relaxing album.
- Lush - Treated myself to some of their fabulous hair products, and a body scrub. Because I'm worth it!
- Work - Yes really, it was good to do something different for a week, and I was in the company of decent colleagues too, there was much enthusiasm for the task, and it makes a difference.
And what I didn't like about last week...
- Standing Up - All day long at the exhibition, and no amount of footwear changes made a shred of difference. Standing on hard concrete for hours isn't to be recommended for good foot health. Ugh! At least its done now. I have promised my poor feet a pedicure.
- Cake - Lack of cake all week meant I had to cram two portions into the back end of the week. Mind you, both were very yummy! So it wasn't all bad.
- Sunshine - Being indoors most of the week meant I missed the gorgeous sunshine.
- 15K in May - Not getting off to a good start, but more about that below.
Here is what I achieved...
A to Z Challenge - Completed! It felt good to get over the finish line. I really enjoyed it.
Weekly Flash Fiction - Written on the bus journey to the group.
15K in May - Okay, I started, and in truth it was much harder than I expected to get going with it. I put this down to working away, and having such long days, and evenings. I had the tools with me to write, I just couldn't find time alone to get on and do it!
Since getting home, I have been bone tired, this has affected my output. I'll post more about it on Wednesday, as it'll have been running a week by then.
Phoenix Writers - Attended Saturday, and although we were a smaller group, there was still much activity and good critique given, and received. Its good to be amongst like-minded individuals.
Can you recall my list last week, Ideally, I'd like to read, chill out in a jacuzzi, go for a walk, visit an art gallery, eat a delicious meal, and sleep! Realistically, I'll settle for a couple of things from the wish list.
Well, I did manage a couple from the list, I had a quick half an hour in the jacuzzi last Sunday, and a lovely Italian meal in London later in the week. I suppose if you count commuting across London too, I had two short walks. And an urban walk around Leicester yesterday.
Not bad for a very busy week, I'm counting it as mostly successful. Lots of reasons to be happy, and cheerful.
The week ahead then...
Writing - I'll be concentrating solely of 15K in May
Relaxation - Lots this week, I intend to concentrate on sleep, walking, photography, family and friends.
That is enough to be going on with, do let me know how your week looks?