_

Pages

Sunday, 30 June 2013

Goal List Week Commencing 30th June 2013


Sunday Stroll - Maria A Smith

I made the best of the lovely weather this afternoon and went for a walk, it felt good to be outside, see how I'm smiling! And I'm wearing sun glasses too, proof that there was sunshine this year. I'm sharing with you what I saw on my three miles round trip. 

I printed off a route that had been tried and tested before, as  I'm slowly beginning to get back into walking more, I didn't want the worry of overdoing it, or walking too far. I'm really enjoying putting one foot in front of the other again. Something I'm definitely working on to try and become a bit fitter. Ignore that face at three down. It was a little windy on the hill, on the way back, thats all...

I passed a classic car show taking place on a huge field, there were lots of people gathered together swapping car stories, and some had dressed up in vintage clothes to match the age of their cars, lots of people were sharing a picnic on the grass, and children were playing ball games.

Once I had gone through the proper gate, my journey took me through three fields full of crops, I wasn't surprised how green everything is after all the rain we have had in recent months. There was plenty of water around as you can see from the picture of the sailing boats on the reservoir and the lake, which has lots of huge lille pads. 

Part of the walk took me through woodland, which I was grateful for as it was quite cool by comparison. I was also glad  of my water bottle too! Brisk walking is thirsty work I can tell you.

On the way back, I crossed through a field full of cattle, mindful to keep quiet, and ignore them as much as I could, I just couldn't resist snapping mummy with her calf. You can just catch a glimpse of her, if you look carefully.

All good things come to an end, and my walk ended with a fresh cream tea. Delicious! And what a way to see out the month too...

GOALS

July is almost upon us, I'm taking it easy again this month, hence the short list. 

Writing - A flash fiction piece for Saturday, haven't seen the brief yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

Reading - Writers Forum, Vampsov 1938, and the back of the cereal packet if it takes my fancy.

De-junking - The dreaded kitchen cupboard under the sink.

Walking - As much as I can manage to pull into the week.

Apart from that, I must try and remember to book to have my hair cut. 

What plans have you made for the week ahead?

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time & what gorgeous weather! Happy creating :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lou, I'm making the most of the sunny days, hope you are too! :-)

      Delete
  2. It was nice to see we here in the UK do have nice weather from time to time. Looks like you made the most of it.
    Oh and remember.....Book to have your hair cut :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Shaun, I forgot... :-) On my list again this week.

      Delete
  3. It must be nice living in the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a car journey away Richard, but I like an urban walk too. I often walk about in the city too.

      Delete
  4. Stunning pics Maria! A walk with beautiful scenery in the sun is so uplifting. Good luck with this week's goals. I'm writing Book 2 for The RNA's New Writers' Scheme submission, booking myself up for exercise classes pre-holiday (!) and ticking off things on end of term to-do list for kids-can't wait for summer hols!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, you sound very busy, some excellent goals there. I'm looking forward to hearing more about how the novel writing is going...and the RNA scheme sounds intriguing too.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are having a great time. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very good week. I slowed down and it made a huge difference. Mind you the weather has played a huge part too...

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!