_

Pages

Sunday, 4 August 2013

Goal List Week Commencing 4th August 2013

Caribbean Carnival, Leicester - Maria A Smith 


I can't believe we are in August already, can you? Time waits for no man or woman, so if you want to do stuff, you have to get on with it!

Last week, I got out and about, did loads of walking, and really pushed myself the extra mile. Literally! Some days, I didn't feel much like it, BUT, I forced myself out the door, and once I got going, it wasn't too bad. Its hard after a days work, and early evening chores around the house, but well worth the effort. I always feel better afterwards.

On the writing front, I've started my new plan, and as I expected it to, its gone a little bit awry already. Fortunately, I've managed to pull it back on course.

Where I've been - The Caribbean Carnival in Leicester, it was great to see people happy and smiling, throughly enjoying themselves out in the gorgeous sunshine. 

Who I've met - An elderly couple from Florida USA, who needed some help sorting out their IPad.  They were great, embracing technology in their early nineties!

What I've bought - Lots of fruit. Apples, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, grapes, and bananas! 

What I've been listening to - David Bowie Greatest Hits

Over the next week, I'll be moving forward with my novel. What have you been up to? And what plans have you made for the week?


4 comments:

  1. Hi Maria - great to hear you're pushing on with a positive, healthy outlook. Fresh fruit and exercise will definitely put you in a better frame of mind for writing.

    Good choice of music too ;)

    For me, this week's writing goals are to complete the Phoenix Writer's challenge and to edit a short story I haven't touched for a long time. It's actually the first piece I ever brought to Phoenix, so I'm hoping to make big improvements to it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you have a good plan - have a good week!

      Delete
  2. We were planning to go to see the Carnival but then it started to rain so we went to Wistow instead. I'm not doing too well with plans and sticking to them right now. I think you're really good to keep ploughing on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes life is like that...bet you had a good afternoon at Wistow? I like to go out without a plan sometimes too.Makes it more of an adventure, and to be honest, I didn't plan to go to the carnival, I just happened to be in town!

    Regards sticking to my plan, I keep trying because it really is the only way I can get any writing done! I am VERY easily side-tracked!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!