|Putting My Feet Up! - Maria A Smith|
I've been busy this last week and haven't had much time to put my feet up. Far from it, I've crammed lots in, and feel pleased with my progress.
What I said I'd do, the results, and more!
- Going to the cinema to see a selection of short films - I went, and unfortunately, if I'm honest, I wasn't too impressed. I don't mind a film with no dialogue now and again, but after the sixth or seventh I was getting a bit bored, and dare I say, fed up! Perhaps there is a shortage of writers who can do good dialogue? Or maybe its this years fashion? The event itself was both well organised and attended.
- Walking around the streets where I live - Tuesday 4 miles, Friday 3 miles, and Saturday 3 miles. I found as the week wore on, I felt drained, probably due to a lack of quality sleep.
- Editing the novel with my red pen - I should have just chucked it in the bin! I am going to re-write the whole chapter. Ugh!
- Writing a blog post on ? - I spent a lot of time getting the Phoenix Writers Subs Club blog up and running, do visit and see what we are all up to over there. I also wrote a short post on trying something new.
- Creating some flash fiction based on a song title - Completed, although I'm undecided what to do with it. Its quite a long flash for me at around 400 words.
- Entering a writing competition, coz its time I pulled my finger out! - Not done.
- Doing my best to be nice to people - I gave someone a quick lesson in using Twitter to help their business, and I let lots of drivers out in front of me this week, but not all at the same time, as that would have probably annoyed the queue behind me.
Extra stuff I said I might do,
- Eating cake - I think a cream tea counts doesn't it? Yum! And then there was Thursday's Coffee and Walnut cake too!
- Listening to some music to set my soul on fire! - David Bowie sang to me as I pounded the pavements. Mozart played on as I sat in the traffic, and I listend to some jazz too.
Other unplanned stuff that happened,
- Gardening - Decided to get stuck in and tackle the weeds that were competing with my flowers.
- New recipe tried out, Chicken with Watercress Sauce, went down well with the family.
- Horrible sleepless nights! The new pillow I purchased a few weeks ago has helped slightly, but normal service has been resumed and I am wandering around in the wee small hours once more.
- Purchased a new book for my Kindle, Wolf Bride by Elizabeth Moss I was lured, on the promise of a scandal-ridden, debauched, decadent and passionate story. I'll let you know how it goes.
The week ahead then...
- I must re-write another chapter
- Query a magazine editor or write a letter to a magazine
- Enter a writing competition
What have you done? What plans have you made?