_

Pages

Sunday, 1 September 2013

Goal List Week Commencing 1st September 2013

Putting My Feet Up! - Maria A Smith

I've been busy this last week and haven't had much time to put my feet up. Far from it, I've crammed lots in, and feel pleased with my progress.

What I said I'd do, the results, and more!
  • Going to the cinema to see a selection of short films - I went, and unfortunately, if I'm honest, I wasn't too impressed. I don't mind a film with no dialogue now and again, but after the sixth or seventh I was getting a bit bored, and dare I say, fed up! Perhaps there is a shortage of writers who can do good dialogue? Or maybe its this years fashion? The event itself was both well organised and attended. 
  • Walking around the streets where I live - Tuesday 4 miles, Friday 3 miles, and Saturday 3 miles. I found as the week wore on, I felt drained, probably due to a lack of quality sleep.
  • Editing the novel with my red pen - I should have just chucked it in the bin! I am going to re-write the whole chapter. Ugh!
  • Writing a blog post on ? - I spent a lot of time getting the Phoenix Writers Subs Club blog up and running, do visit and see what we are all up to over there. I also wrote a short post on trying something new. 
  • Creating some flash fiction based on a song title - Completed, although I'm undecided what to do with it. Its quite a long flash for me at around 400 words.
  • Entering a writing competition, coz its time I pulled my finger out! - Not done.
  • Doing my best to be nice to people - I gave someone a quick lesson in using Twitter to help their business, and I let lots of drivers out in front of me this week, but not all at the same time, as that would have probably annoyed the queue behind me.
Extra stuff I said I might do,
  • Listening to some music to set my soul on fire! - David Bowie sang to me as I pounded the pavements. Mozart played on as I sat in the traffic, and I listend to some jazz too.
Other unplanned stuff that happened,
  • Gardening - Decided  to get stuck in and tackle the weeds that were competing with my flowers. 
  • New recipe tried out, Chicken with Watercress Sauce, went down well with the family.
  • Horrible sleepless nights! The new pillow I purchased a few weeks ago has helped slightly, but normal service has been resumed and I am wandering around in the wee small hours once more.
  • Purchased a new book for my Kindle, Wolf Bride by Elizabeth Moss I was lured, on the promise of a scandal-ridden, debauched, decadent and passionate story. I'll let you know how it goes.
The week ahead then...

Writing -  
  • I must re-write another chapter
  • Query a magazine editor or write a letter to a magazine
  • Enter a writing competition

Relaxation - 
  • Walking 
  • Photography
  • Reading
What have you done? What plans have you made?


5 comments:

  1. You've been very busy. I love how you have goals each week and usually meet them. As for next week,I'm looking after toddlers and packing my case as I'm off to Turkey on Friday on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll need that holiday after the toddlers Anne... :-) Enjoy Turkey X

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a productive week! :) I'm back to work tomorrow after a week off, so trying to gear myself up for that (mentally) and get some more novel editing done. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week - walking and Bowie, practically perfect! I find lots of inspiration walking around my town. Good luck with the chapter re-write and the comp entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun and productive! Your mention of writing a flash fiction based on a song title reminded me of a blog theme I did a couple of years ago - I set my MP3 player on random and for a week I had to write a post based on whatever the song of the day was. (it was a great way of sparking off some inspiration for poetry and flash fiction so may try it again soon!!)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!