_

Pages

Sunday, 22 September 2013

Goal List Week Commencing 22nd September 2013

Mundersley Beach, Norfolk - Maria A Smith

Today is the first day of Autumn, and here in Leicestershire the sun is shining brightly as I write. You may have noticed the lack of a 'Goal List' last week? No? Well for those of you who did, and regularly look in and comment (for which I am very grateful) I haven't been around much as I've been away to Mundesley, near Cromer with my Mum for a few days, but also, I've been feeling really tired just lately.

Listening to my body for once, I curtailed a lot of my 'normal' activities, which include blogging and writing. The good news is, it must have done the trick as I'm feeling much better now thank goodness. So what have I done? Not a lot, but heres a mini rundown of my week.

Managed a lovely walk in a village I normally whizz through in the car without really looking at anything. I enjoyed it, and the weather was kind. If not a touch blustery.

Went to the library and had a browse to see whats happening there - sadly not much! They are still lending books and other media of course, but no author events which they used to do a few years ago. Definitely a sign of the times, and the bank of PC's seems to be growing each time I visit now. I guess its the future, but I'm not convinced its all progress. What do you think? Will libraries be like Vintage Tea shops are now? Will someone set a traditional old fashioned library up, where silence is golden? Sorry about the cliche, but I was a big fan of the SILENCE rule.

I went to a fabulous food fair yesterday, at Belgrave Hall in Leicester, and had a nice afternoon
milling amongst the many stalls, chatting to people and sampling fine food. I also went to a sausage making demonstration, which was fun and educational!

Although I went to my writers group yesterday, I didn't read, as the work I'd prepared was truly awful! And made me realise its no good pushing yourself when you aren't feeling well.

I'm starting afresh today, so here is my new revamped goal list for the week ahead.

Writing - Work on my novel in progress, paying particular attention to characterisation.

 Reading - Finish Wolf Bride by Elizabeth Moss, and look at Microsoft Office 2013 Explained, not really what I want to read but need to know how to do a few things better.

Walking - Get out and about with my camera - the trees are on the turn, and I so love the Autumn colours.

What have you been up to while I've been away? What plans have you got for the week ahead?

12 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful picture. It looks lovely and peaceful there (and inspiring!) - another place to put on my "must visit" list :-) I am very fond of Norfolk.

    I'm starting afresh today too after several weeks in the doldrums - hope your week goes well :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a place I could easily visit again. :-)

      Delete
  2. Lovely post and what a beautiful picture! Plans for the week are continue book re-write and flesh out the details for a forthcoming online space. All the best with your editing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Online space? Sounds exciting...hope the re-writing goes well for you this week.

      Delete
  3. Great picture, and Mundesley one of my favorite places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I took many more...perhaps I'll put a few more on at some point. :-)

      Delete
  4. Another jewel of the Norfolk coast and as always, well framed with the colours blending in well.. Last time I visited, a bank of sea fret rolled in. You could see it slowly approaching, just like John Carpenter's The Fog. The anoraks went on and the shops were suddenly very busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. You are funny Keith, I can picture the scene now in my head...

      Delete
  5. Sad about libraries isn't it? Same thing happening here. Maybe they need to serve expresso and change the setting. Hope you get your energy back. Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon,
      Yes, very sad, and maybe you are right, perhaps an area should be set aside for a coffee bar if thats what it takes to get people in to borrow books.

      Delete
  6. I'm always on the lookout for pleasant beaches, Maria. Even though my three boys say they're growing out of digging in the sand, when we arrive at a beach, they show they're really not too old for a good old dig.

    That looks like a really nice beach for a good old walk and I'd love to see more of the area, as Norfolk is a place I've never visited.

    I'm glad you're feeling better after you're break.

    Regards,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie, you're never too old to dig, and build sandcastles are you? :-) Norfolk is definitely a surprisingly pleasant place.

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!