_

Pages

Sunday, 8 September 2013

Goal List Week Commencing September 8th 2013

Fresh Bread - Maria A Smith

My battery's been running at ten per cent or less in the last week, I've struggled to reach my writing goals, and even though I started out with good intentions unfortunately it wasn't  my week.  I didn't complete re-writing a chapter, nor did I query a magazine or write a letter, and entering that writing competition has been elusive too. All I managed was a short written piece, and a few hours researching some article ideas, as well as the blog.

I went to the writers group which was a happy distraction this week, and I also sent some writing related emails out too. Without going into detail, things happened that got in the way of the writing last week.


I did much better with relaxation, I went walking three or four times, it is definitely helping my asthma, and once I get out there I really enjoy it. Although its getting dark much quicker in the evenings now, and I'm not sure how I'll fit my walks in over the Autumn.

I ate cake, and drank tea, bought some lovely fresh bread from the farm shop, and some delicious Leicestershire Stilton, and quietly mulled over a few things.

I'm going to keep things very simple for the next seven days. All I hope for is some rest, and relaxation, and a few hundred words on the page.

Catch up with you soon.

11 comments:

  1. Like you, Maria I want to keep my life simple while staying focused on my main project. I want to make every word count. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Focus is good, I'm retraining my mind to keep to the plan. :-) Have a good week!

      Delete
  2. Good for you, an excellent idea to take a rest, the words will be there when you return to them. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so Carole...last week was mentally challenging, I am hopeful this one is better. Take care x

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you needed the rest. Walking, cakes and tea is perfect. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annalisa, I shall give it my best effort!

      Delete
  4. Things don't always go as we hope or plan. It's good to be flexible. Hope things go your way this week and that you find the time to get those words down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth, I will be doing everything I can to help things along.

      Delete
  5. Keeping it simple is good. Enjoy the slower pace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, I am used to moving about and break neck speed, multi tasking a million and one jobs! You are probably right, I will try very hard to slow down this week, and stay on track with both relaxation and words on the page! Have a good week.

      Delete
  6. It is amazing and a bit frightening how many "things" can disrupt writing time. Sometimes it is best not to fight against these things and simply write when time allows. The less stress, the better. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!