_

Pages

Sunday, 27 October 2013

Goal List Week Commencing 27th October 2013

What You Looking At?  - Maria A Smith

All Change! The clocks have gone back, and for me that heralds change. Not only is it darker in the evenings, which curtails some of my pastimes like walking after the evening meal, its also a good productive time for my writing. I seem to get far more done.

I won't be doing NaNo WriMo though this year, instead I'll be rewriting my novel. After a really productive meeting with a fellow writer on Saturday, I have a new restructured plan. Strange how two heads are better than one when it comes to sorting out worries about plot and character.

My emphasis for the next month will be to rewrite one chapter a week. It is doable. I have roughed out a schedule in my diary, and although I know this will probably alter on a week to week basis, I am going to try and do my best to stick to regular slots.

I am now in the Chair at Phoenix Writers for the next month, which means I'll have a little extra administrative work to do, as well as setting the weekly writing challenge. Lots of fun to be had there!

Last week, I got out for a few short walks, both of them in daylight, I'm not sure how I'll fit walking in now, but I'll definitely try out some new times if I can, or perhaps think about visiting a gym. Ugh! Perish the thought...did I really write that? The weather is dodgy too, as I type, Britain is being battered by heavy storms. Do you think the animals in the picture above knew something? I couldn't resist snapping them. They looked so strange in their field, just standing there like statues.

What else? Its that time of year to bring out the stewpot, and I must say I'm really looking forward to some delicious soups and stews. I'm enjoying the veggie boxes I've recently ordered, and so far, have managed to use everything up. I hate wasting food. Its also the porridge season officially! Although I'm an all year round fan.

My youngest will turn eighteen at the end of the week. Thats truly frightening. Where have the years gone? They'll be a family celebration at some point, when she can fit us in-between friends and birthday outings. Oh to be young again! Err no...I'm not sure I'd survive.

Do share what you've been up to? Or what your plan is over the next week? I love hearing your news, and if you are doing NaNoWriMo, good luck, its fun and frenzied, and you'll feel so good when you hit the magic 50k!

Porridge, Pears and Blueberries - Maria A Smith


10 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture - aren't they beautiful! Maybe they thought you were going to feed them - they certainly look very interested.

    I love porridge and yours mixed with fruit looks delicious :-) Good luck with your goals :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa, it was very odd indeed to see those animals standing there staring at me like that...I've been to the farm many times as they have a fabulous organic deli and tearoom. Never seen the animals so ruffled.

      Perhaps they've found out what I buy in the shop and they don't like it?

      Delete
  2. One chapter a week sounds like a good plan. Think I'll try and follow suit. I'm all over the place with editing at the moment. Love the picture by the way. I wouldn't like to mess with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'All over the place' is where I was...finally I'm climbing out of the pit! First week has been hectic, but rewarding. One chapter, done and dusted. No more messing for a while. Pushing on with chapter two...
      Good luck with yours...you seem very busy these days. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Maria, yes, the clocks have gone back, which for me in Malaysia means an 8-hour time difference with England, and unfortunately the premier league football is now an hour later at night!

    Duncan in Kuantan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! I can see how thats a bother...do you ever catch a Leicester game on Sky? They seem to be showing more now since the team has been doing so well... :-)

      Delete
  4. I think animals do know when a storm is brewing, hope you didn't suffer any damage. Although it was very windy for a few hours we didn't suffer any damage here. Happy Birthday to your 18 year old, where do the years go? My youngest turned 18 last month so I know exactly where you are coming from!

    Tackling a chapter a week sounds like a very doable plan to me. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Suzanne, no damage from St Jude, but last night the wind was howling around our house! Discovered a few things in the garden have been tossed about, but no damage.

      Children are only borrowed really aren't they? We have them with us for such a few years, but it doesn't seem that way. We can only hope we have laid down good foundations for them, and that they will live happy lives once they leave the 'nest' we created.

      I feel a little sad. :-(

      On the writing side of things, I do other stuff outside of the novel, so a chapter a week is achievable.
      Hope your week was good and productive. :-)

      Delete
  5. If you can nail a chapter a week Maria, you'll do it in no time. Great pic. People look at me like that when I get on the bus. Battling on here - close to the finishing line now. Then an edit and a few squiggles of rewriting and ready to pitch end of November as per the plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe it for a minute Keith...otherwise you'd be writing some good bus stories?

      Good luck with where you're at with your book. Put me at the top of your list to buy a copy. :-) I have lived with the airmen on their treacherous journey back to safety. Its been a fantastic adventure.

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!