_

Pages

Sunday, 17 November 2013

Goal List Week Commencing 17th November 2013

Shrewsbury - Maria A Smith

My Mac is back, it needed a new trackpad, expensive on the pocket, but, at least I'm up and running again. I felt totally lost without it, but after the initial shock I improvised, and penned the first half of a new short story. Working on my novel was too difficult without the laptop.

What I've been up to...

Reading - The Shining by Stephen King and thoroughly enjoying it! This is Kings third book, published in 1977, it is said that this novel established him as an author of horror. The characters are believable, each having their own demons to deal with as well as the horror that waits at the Overlook  hotel. The book is way better than the film, which seems to have omitted so much of the storyline.

Where I've been...

Shrewsbury - Is a lovely market town, the street plan is mostly medievil and the buildings are a delight! I spent most of my time looking skywards above the shops at the variety of Georgian and Tudor architecture. Although, if shops are your thing, there is no shortage of them, Shrewsbury caters for all tastes, and there are many high street vendors as well as lots of smaller individual traders with much to offer.

Whats new...

Pink Fir Apple Potatoes  - In my veggie box last week, a strange looking long potato, with a distinctive nutty flavour. A little more difficult to peel, as they are quite nobly, but can be boiled mashed or roast. Unpeeled they are a pinky red on the outside, and have a firm cream flesh on the inside. Worth trying if you see them in the shops.

The week ahead,

I'm playing catch up, theres lots to do, a couple of chapters on the novel, a flash fiction challenge for Saturday, and other writerly stuff I've neglected in the last couple of weeks.

The weather is changing, its getting colder, wintery conditions are setting in, so wrap up and stay warm and well.

What have you been up to?

7 comments:

  1. Shrewsbury looks interesting. I thought it was Chester at first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can understand why you would. I've also been to Chester about ten years ago, and you have reminded me its high time I visited again. Hope your week has been good.

      Delete
  2. For the NT films, try this site and go to What's On or Venues at the top. http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this...I will check it out.

      Delete
  3. Shrewsbury is lovely I love those Tudor buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't spend nearly as much time as I'd of liked, which means I need to go back! :-)

      Delete
  4. King is the master of characters and plot. His 'tales around the camp fire' style of story telling hooks the reader and turns the pages. Try Salems Lot if you haven't already been terrified by it.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!