_

Pages

Sunday, 1 December 2013

Goal List Week Commencing 1st December 2013

Red Sky At Night - Maria A Smith

At 4pm on the last day of November, the skies were fiery over Leicestershire. I wonder if I'll ever see anything like it again, it was an amazing picture opportunity, even on a camera phone!

What have I done this week? Very little, I've poured my energy into chairing the writers group the last month, and now its time to stand down. Its been a roller coaster ride, and requires many skills. The group goes from strength to strength, and to keep everything running smoothly I've had to be on my toes, even when I've felt a little under par myself. Therefore, its time to slow down. I'm not making big plans for December, albeit, I'll no doubt be continuing with  some writing, I won't be setting such defined goals.

It is however, time to review my blog. Its remained pretty much the same since I set it up way back in 2009, and I think its time for change. Shall I stick with the format I've got? Or go back to blogging about more writing related topics? Or should  I mix it up a bit more?

I'll start by making a list of the things I think work, and one of the stuff I don't, or could do better. Lists make us feel in control, don't you agree? Theres great satisfaction in crossing off tasks when they're done. I'm always more productive with a list.

What does your week hold?

3 comments:

  1. Love the pic, it looks like an invasion from the red planet - War of the Worlds 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally, it was awesome! I've never seen anything like it. I was really pleased to be able to capture it on my IPhone...

      Delete
  2. Great pic, Maria. I don't think you should change the format of your blog too much - at least the fact that you try to blog on a weekly basis and that you use it as a way to set out your goals for the week. I am impressed at your ability to be so disciplined with it - wish I could say the same for myself!

    Weekly goals post aside, perhaps just don't be so tough on yourself with trying to post an additional piece and only write when you have something specific you want to tackle or talk about.

    Either way, keep up the good work in 2014.

    Kelly's Eye - Writing, Music, Life

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!