_

Pages

Wednesday, 1 January 2014

2014 - A Blank Canvas

Picture Credit - Flicker Creative Commons Attribution Licence

Today is the beginning of a new year, a blank canvas, a brand new journey, I'm very eager to begin, I love making a new plan don't you? New challenges motivate me, and make me feel energised. I love to set goals! Here they are folks, all shiny and new.

I've got a list of things I want to do, compiled throughout last year as things occurred to me. I wrote them down so that I didn't forget about them, take a look, at my list of Fifty Things I Want To Do   in 2014.


And then of course, I have my writing plan. Which I hope is SMART - specific, measurable, achievable realistic and time-based. I asked myself what I wanted to accomplish in 2014, and this is what I came up with...

  • Complete my novel
This is my main goal, and its what I'll concentrate on this year. Of course, I will do other stuff, but this is my focus. 

Apart from the novel, and my 'Fifty Things I Want To Do' list, I'd like to lose some weight, at least a stone would make me feel healthier and happier. 

Regards the blog, from now on, I'll be making a few changes to keep things fresh, starting with my weekly goals post. I'll still post on Sunday, but it will be integrated into a more general post about my writing journey. Then I'll blog midweek, on a Wednesday, but this post will be something different. As we go through the year I'll mix things up a bit, but for the first two months, Wednesday's posts will be called 'Picture This' and will centre around an image I capture in the previous seven days.

Its nearing the end of the first day of 2014, here are three things I'm grateful for today.
  • Special friends, who make me happy with their warmth and laughter.
  • Refreshing peppermint tea.
  • Spending an hour with my mum, chatting and putting the world to rights.
Happy New Year! 

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan, Maria. All the best in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sharon...best wishes to you too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with finishing your novel! I'm still devising and revising my "plan 2014", but I'll get there. I got a list similar to your "fifty things to do" list - a running list of all the things I want/need to do. It's mostly for all those things I want to do, the fun things, those one-off things that you just never seem to get round too. Which is ridiculous, because I got all the time in the world if I *make* time for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making time is often the most difficult thing to do...good luck with your plan.

      Delete
  4. Happy new year, Maria. Hope you hold onto this early January optimism and carry it through into your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year - and good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy, and the same to you too!

      Delete
  6. 'The journey is the treasure' - go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love the start of a new year where you can set new goals. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vikki, I'd love to hear more about your goals?

      Delete
  8. I love your commitment to completing the novel and your 50 things list - I wish you all the best with both! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!