_

Pages

Monday, 13 January 2014

Commit To A Plan

Watermead Park - Maria A Smith

Last week I committed to writing some words every day, it was a good plan, and mostly worked. I wrote something for five out of the seven days, and my total word count varied each day from seventy five words, to almost a thousand a day. What have I learned? Writing regularly keeps my novel close, it exists easily in my head, and I'm more engrossed again. However, I've also learned, I need a break, a few nights away, time off to rest, or get on with domestic stuff. So this week, I'm readjusting the plan to do just that, and we'll see how it goes...

What else has been happening? Not a lot thank goodness, I've been out and about very little. Every time I tried to get out for a walk, it rained! All I could manage was a brisk two miles early one morning before I went to work, and a longer more leisurely walk at the weekend. Not good enough.

Maybe I'll find an aqua aerobics class this year, then at least I won't have to worry about getting wet!
Seriously though, I'm trying to be less busy aren't I? Downtime has consisted of listening to an audio book, and watching a DVD at the weekend. Sleep has been evasive though. Never mind, another week lies ahead.

More writing, more walking and hopefully some sleep.

What about you?


1 comment:

  1. A timely reminder that I need to get my own writing plan back in order! Been rather adhoc of late, but have enjoyed reading and listening to music more. I always struggle at this time of the year.

    Glad to hear the novel's going well - look forward to seeing your progress soon.

    Kelly's Eye - Writing, Music, Life

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!