_

Pages

Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Picture This! - Liars' League

Filming at Liars' League - Maria A Smith

What on earth is Liars's League you might ask? The answer is themed fiction evenings, giving writers the opportunity to hear their work read by professional actors. I first heard about these regular events on BBC Radio Leicester, and last night I attended my first Liars' League evening. The theme 'Blood & Guts' intrigued me, what would the writers come up with? How would the actors interpret their stories?

I wasn't disappointed, all of the stories I heard were entertaining, some were funny and made the audience laugh out loud, whilst others were dark and serious, which made the mix all the more interesting. The actors made the stories come alive, breathing life into the characters as they read the narrative from the page, and mimicked accents. It was interesting to see how they performed the stories, and made for a good evening out. The event was recorded live too, and they put the recording up onto their website, its worth having a listen. Last nights stories should go up soon.

Getting Into The Story - Maria A Smith

Anyone, from anywhere can submit their stories for consideration, there is always a theme advertised well in advance,  and details can be found on their website. I hear they are looking for a mature female actress, so if thats you, or someone you know,  and you or they meet their criteria, why not get in touch? Alternatively, Liars' League is franchised around the world, including London, New York and Hong Kong, do look them up, and if you have one nearby, get out there, and enjoy! I know I'll be going to another Leicester event soon.


Camera, Lights, Action! - Maria A Smith

8 comments:

  1. What a fascinating evening that must have been and I'm sure it would throw up some good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely...I also love the idea of themed evenings.

      Delete
  2. Sounds very interesting. Wonder if there's anything similar in other areas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how the franchises work, but when I go to the next event in March I'll make a point of finding out more and I'll let you know Patsy.

      Delete
  3. Loved this event. Definitely will be at the next one. A great platform for writers and actors, confirming once again what a buzzing city for promoting creativity Leicester is. Respect and thanks to the organisers, actors and writers involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jack, good to see you at the event, and yes, there seems to be a lot going on for writers in Leicester at the moment, its all good stuff too!

      Delete
  4. Soo cool! And I'm glad I stopped by to read as I wound have forgotten all about it. Now to do me some reading. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great event!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!