_

Pages

Thursday, 13 February 2014

I'm Trying To Make You Smile

Spring Blooms - Maria A Smith

Its mostly been a horrid week so far, all sorts of rubbish happening too boring to mention, except perhaps I've not got any writing done yet! Instead of whining about the bad, I thought I'd make use of my lunch break to tell you some good stuff.

Look at my lovely Spring blooms, a gift from a friend, they've opened their petals today, and are showing the promise of what lies ahead. Spring will soon be upon us in all its glory. A reason to smile don't you agree? And a reminder that I said I'd try growing something this year. I must look at those seed packets I've got tucked away.

I'm supping peppermint tea, whilst I write this post. Its good to take time out of a busy work schedule to do something for yourself, I've managed to find details of two competition too.  If you're a budding crime writer do take a look here where you'll find all the details. Where as this one is a more general short story and poetry competition, and well worth having a bash at, as the prizes are very good.

My time is up, and I can now cross off writing from today's list.

Enjoy Thursday!


7 comments:

  1. I love flowers around the house - they really do make you smile, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they do Annalisa, and the perfume of the hycainths are gorgeous.

      Delete
  2. Your flowers did cheer me up from my nightmare of a week, Maria. Thanks for the info on the competitions but I won't be entering as, although I will submit my work for free if I have to, I'm not going to pay to enter competitions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello L, hope your week got better. :-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely flowers. Not sure we can herald spring in just yet but we can dream. Hope you're keeping dry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers Maria, and thanks for the competition links and cheery post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely promise of spring - think we all need that now, even though I like autumn and winter!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!